cheat sheets

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
what cheat sheets did y'all draw up for yourselves when you were pre-PPL training? I don't necessarily mean checklists, I mean cheat sheets? for instance I sat down and wrote out each thing I do while doing pattern work and chair fly to it. what sorts of things did you do?

typed out all the oral questions so I can make them "fill in the blank" type questions. so far it has helped. :)

I did the Sporty's Practical tests on-line. I also made sure I coild answer the questions in the back of each chapter of the PPL book I was using.

I wore the Sporty's practice tests out, worked at them until I basically had it all memorized.
On the oral part, most were easy, on the tricky questions I looked up the answer before answering, there were only two questions that I didnt know so it worked out fine.

Good Luck!

At the university, we called that the Flight Procedures Manual, and required all of our students to have a current copy and know the relevant procedures for their stage of training. The military does the same, usually calling them "phase manuals." I've seen some larger, better-organized commercial schools do the same.

I learned to draw from memory figure 56 on page I35 of Rod Machado's PP handbook his vision of airspace. It was when I saw that picture that all the crazy cloud clearence stuff made sense to me.

I just guessed a lot.

At one time or another I think I probably wrote down lists of every task in every procedure flow for a routine flight and for emergencies.

Back