Cheapest plane that can carry two (or more) longboards

SaltH2OHokie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Wife is receptive to the idea of aircraft ownership. I'd be happy to buy a Cessna 150, or any other means of air travel for the sake of just being able to fly, but from a practicality standpoint, my primary reason for personal travel is to surf. Cessna 150 doesn't carry 9'6" surfboards.

Is there a sub $100k plane that does?

I'm not a big fan of the word "mission" as it pertains to GA pilots (retired military) but in your case, yours is pretty specific.

Cessna 180 with the aft bulkhead curtain out. It'll be a tight fit. You'll have to remove a door to get them in, and the second board will be a real PITA since the first one will limit your maneuvering space.

I have a 182 and fight to get two wakeboards or snowboards in all the time let alone two surfboards...9'6" board into any single engine is gonna be a challenge.

I have a 182 and fight to get two wakeboards or snowboards in all the time let alone two surfboards...gonna say no way on the 150 fitting that mission!

No, sadly a 150 really doesn't suit much other than a cheap way for me to bore holes in the sky. Luckily I'm 155-160lbs, wife less... So a 150 does actually represent a plane that could carry us (nowhere far, and not fast*).

A Cherokee 6 would do it with ease. You could find a good, not great, one under 100. And they are fast enough you can actually take the boards somewhere.

Cherokee 6 260 is what you’re looking for. Been there, done that.

Back