Cheap Kit Car

Righteous!

But will the build process delay the opening of DuPuis International Airport?

Good question. The answer is probably yes, but not hugely so.

The runway still has quite a bit of work that needs to get done on it. I pulled the first tree stump yesterday with one of my tractors, which confirmed that we need a bulldozer and/or backhoe to pull the rest. It got it out but it took quite a while and it was hard on both me and the tractor. Better to use a machine that's more purpose built. After we bulldoze there's still a lot of work with clearing the land to make it smooth and flattening it out.

Then there's building the hangar, which my wife said was a prerequisite to buying the plane (I agree), but we just aren't willing to spend what people are currently asking for construction rates. Everything has skyrocketed, which has caused us to reprioritize to projects that we can (and want) to do ourselves. So that makes the goal for now to be continue working on the runway as well as the Cobra once it showed up.

Instead of a barn raising party, Ted could have a good old fashioned Cobra raising party.

Reactions: Ted
Cobra, the airport construction sounds more long term.... engine? model? suspension?

Engine will be an old school 302 (making a new thread with some questions), using the 4-link rear suspension with coil-overs in the back. It'll be a Mk4 Factory Five roadster.

Back