cheap IFR 152's?

croncron22

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
hey people!

im planning on doing my instrument rating, cost effectively.
i have 30 hours x c and 5 simulated, so i figured maybe like 20 dual on a 152 + 5-10 hours on a simulator.

im honestly looking for the cheapest place to get my rating so a cheap rental rate + instruction for 20 hours would be awesome. im currently up in hamitlon ontario for work and want to get my rating in the US (im american with an FAA license). so preferably something in NY MI NJ PA OH CT MD but really anything would work - im happy to fly down to florida if i get a good price.

im available to devote all my time to this so i plan on staying for a concentrated 10 days or so and be done with it (im already studying for my knowledge test). any such recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

in fact, if nothing is available in those areas, i would love to go down to florida. again, any recommendations in florida and/or the northeastern states are very appreciated

Good luck, Cron, but I can't help you. I'm in Arkansas.

thanks! anyone else know of any cheap 150's/152's around?

Cheap IFR 152? Pick two. Cheapest thing is to go where there is one for rental, and do the rating. It is only 40 flight hours. Given the costs of acquiring the aircraft, maintenance (you at least need a pre-buy) insurance, and selling it, you'll never recoup the costs in 40 hours.

hey people!

im planning on doing my instrument rating, cost effectively.
i have 30 hours x c and 5 simulated, so i figured maybe like 20 dual on a 152 + 5-10 hours on a simulator.

im honestly looking for the cheapest place to get my rating so a cheap rental rate + instruction for 20 hours would be awesome. im currently up in hamitlon ontario for work and want to get my rating in the US (im american with an FAA license). so preferably something in NY MI NJ PA OH CT MD but really anything would work - im happy to fly down to florida if i get a good price.

im available to devote all my time to this so i plan on staying for a concentrated 10 days or so and be done with it (im already studying for my knowledge test). any such recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I just got info I sent for from Phoenix East in Daytona Beach. Instrument course part 141 is 21 hrs flight time(C-172sp), 50 ground, 14hrs simulator, $9698 books exam flt exam incl.
Part 61 they have 90 hours, same a/c, and simulator, $13,843. Also instrument comp course (also part 61) 24 hrs C172sp, 16 hrs simulator $7016.
I haven't been there (yet) but lots of positive feedback from friends/family in the industry...besides, its Daytona...what's not to like:D

I can do a 40 hour instrument course for about $6000 in Nebraska. We can use a PCATD at $10 per hour and decrease that total cost by quite a bit as well. Don't pay $10,000 for an instrument rating. Plenty of small part 61 ops in the Midwest can do it for way less than 10.

If anybody asks for money down, run.

Back