Cheap 100LL at Cable!

SoCal RV Flyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
SoCal RV Flyer
Just a heads up to pilots in SoCal...100LL will be $3.80/gal. for the month of December from the self-serve pumps at Cable (CCB). Come on by! Maniac Mike's is a great restaurant on the field. Park right in front, and you're usually in the shadow of our resident DC-3. These transient spots are on a slight downslope, so bring your chocks (and I believe there are also some angle-iron chocks provided).

For those who have never visited, Cable is a very cool 1950s throwback kind of nontowered field, right at the base of the San Gabriel mountains. Approaching from the north (for runway 24), do a left crosswind entry over the 06 numbers. No straight out departures; climb out of the pattern on left downwind and cut north at midfield.

I flu past Cable this morning and though about stopping in... nice day to get out and up.... that is a good price on gas... is the pump on the north west side?.... have not gotten fuel there in the last 25 years....

Finished up my PPL there. Landed a Cessna 150 using only the doors... 3k over the dam trimed up and flu the pattern complete with using only the doors to turn and control decent... it was fun!... great place

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ditto on the PIREP! Thanks! Flew in there once during my training, but did not stop at Maniac Mike’s. I’ve been itching to get back there.

Finished up my PPL there. Landed a Cessna 150 using only the doors... 3k over the dam trimed up and flu the pattern complete with using only the doors to turn and control decent... it was fun!... great place

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's a new one! You have mad piloting skillz, sir! Yes, pumps are on the northwest corner. I typically land a little long for the pumps.

The runway is a little bumpy on the west end. Whenever I take off on 06 (maybe 5 percent of the time), I idle it past the numbers and then throttle up over the smoother pavement. My springy nose gear doesn't like bumps. :)

Cable is a neat field....Mikes has outdoor seating and you have a front row seat 100ft from runway.....was busy today

Sweet, the gas at Corona used to be some of the cheapest around but has been slowing climbing. Maybe I'll stop by next Saturday for breakfast or lunch.

Back