Chat log-in

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
For the past 4 days I haven't been able to log onto chat. Anyone else experiencing this?

I happened to notice this the morning after Jesse did some site maintenance although I'm not trying to find a correlation.

Richard,

Click Start. Click Run. Type in "cmd". You'll get a black command prompt. Type in "ping chat.pilotsofamerica.com" and you should get one of these numbers:

Let me know which number you got.

"pingchat.pilotsofamerica.com is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or hatch file."

This is MSWin XP (v5.1.2600)

"pingchat.pilotsofamerica.com is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or hatch file."

This is MSWin XP (v5.1.2600)
Put a space between ping and chat as I indicated above.

Weird. That should work. What happens when you try to log into chat?

I get a blank screen (with a blank white text box in the lower left) and no cursor icon with this as the address...

Can you try a different computer or a different browser? If that works, then we can come back to why yours isn't working.

This is strange. I was just now able to log on to chat using Firefox. I still cannot log on using IE.

The strange part is this is exact opposite of anytime previous. (Firefox used to not recognize POA chat.) This plus that FF now recognizes pages only IE used to before. IE now acts up like FF of the past.)

The only thing I changed was inadvertenly having Askme.com installed. I hate Askme because it has so many dang cookies and just when I think I got it all removed it pops up again...it even made Askme my home without my permission. Could this have 'reversed' my browsers?

Sounds like you have some nasties on your computer. We have no other outstanding reports of anybody unable to access chat services.

Sounds like you have some nasties on your computer. We have no other outstanding reports of anybody unable to access chat services.
You know, it's always better if you can blame someone else. :rolleyes:

I figured it was all on my end but wanted to be sure. :mad2:

How this all started was I inadvertenly clicked on an ad on FaceBook. double:mad2::mad2:

I thought Petra (I forget her screen name) had a similar problem which was never resolved.

I thought Petra (I forget her screen name) had a similar problem which was never resolved.
If I recall -- I offered to help her over the phone or a remote session and she never took me up on it.

I have flash installed. Still doesn't work.

Back