Chasing after McFly

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
So I get in to work this morning, zero dark thirty, and there’s only a couple other people in the office. I log in to my computer, settle in to reading emails, and….

Bzzzzzzzzzz

Fly! Dammit. Right in my face. I swat him off. Get back in to it. As soon as I hit “reply”….

Bzzzzzzzz

Okay, this has to stop. I search for a fly swatter. Of course we don’t have one. I grab the Oakland Tribune, roll it up and head back in to my office. I’m debating internally, do I close the door and contain the problem, or do I leave the door open in an attempt to drive the fly out if I can’t kill it?

Bzzzzzz Whap! Smash!

Missed. The fly, not the glass framed professional credential, which now needs new glass. Task 1 for admin when they get here.

Fly disappeared. Maybe he got the hint. I’m halfway in to the original email reply and deeply in to my train of thought, when….

Bzzzzzzz

Okay where is the bugger. I see him, he buzzes my head, then he disappears. Whenever I stand up with the paper ready, he hides. When I sit down, he attacks. I’ll bet the intern placed that fly in here just to F with me. Three more iterations of this and I decide to switch game plans.

A quick canvas of the kitchen area reveals several options. The array of large butcher knives featured in previous donut threads is probably overkill if not ineffective. What would Bashar Al-Assad do? Of course! Chemical attack!! Now, I REALLY don’t want to fill my office with Raid fumes, and there is in fact a couple cans of such under the sink. I want to be a greener, even if not gentler Bashar. Hmm… a spray bottle of Fantastik. I’m thinking I can blast him with a few pumps of that, and it should incapacitate him sufficiently that I can finish him off with the physical weapon fashioned out of outdated print news media. And, I can clean my office at the same time! Yay!

Bzzzzzzz he lands. Fizzz! Fizzzz! POP!!

Uh oh. That wasn’t good. Okay why did my computer screen go blank. Oh, the UPS shorted out. Mental note to self, don’t apply chemical means of attack to mission critical electronic equipment. Task 2 for admin (more specifically, some sort of IT guy) when they get in.

Bzzzzzzz Fizzz! Fizzz! Success! Fly is aviating erratically, as if disoriented in IMC. I chase him out of the office, and apply a couple more pumps. Direct hit. He lands on the carpet and starts walking around. WHAP!

Damage assessment:

• Broke glass document frame
  • Inop UPS unit
  • Damaged newspaper
  • All purpose cleaner mess on walls, carpet and fake plant
  • Loss of approximately 30 minutes of productivity
  • Kill count: 1 fly
Today didn't start well.

And since you've now published on the internet, your management will be in to discuss productivity and the fly rights groups will protest your place of work.

Radar ranging Raid canister. Aisle A-51 Home Depot. Or make them install ADS-B.

Reminds me of Sunday. Cruising along about 2500 MSL and I noticed a rather large fly in the cockpit. Whenever he'd show up, I'd take a swing. Finally got him when he landed on one of the instruments in the panel. Annoying little things.

And, no, I didn't leave a mess for someone else to clean up. But I have no idea where that fly wound up. Just not flying around the cockpit anymore. :D

UPDATE:

1. UPS back in service after drying out.

2. Glass replaced with clear plastic report cover material. Works about as well. Probably more durable.

3. No memo from HR so far.

4. No reported contact by PETA, Alameda County code enforcement or PG&E electrical crews.

5. Traffic bites. Looks like the entire 916 is headed toward the 415 for the World Series.

UPDATE:

1. UPS back in service after drying out.

2. Glass replaced with clear plastic report cover material. Works about as well. Probably more durable.

3. No memo from HR so far.

4. No reported contact by PETA, Alameda County code enforcement or PG&E electrical crews.

5. Traffic bites. Looks like the entire 916 is headed toward the 415 for the World Series.

Good god man........... Have you no remorse:dunno:..

Where is the flys body ? Did you give it a proper burial ?...

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol::wink2:

I was tempted to bury it in the intern's fried rice container but decided not to.

You just need to install one of these desktop missile launchers... then figure out a tracking sensor...

USB_Missile_Launcher_by_AlphaMike1.jpg

Continues to be one of my favorite commercials...

Thought this thread was going to be about me
smiley-gen044.gif

Duck and cover never worked on Southpark for volcanoes.

"I grab the Oakland Tribune, roll it up and head back in to my office."

Should have used the Sac Bee. It would have been attracted by the smell.

He gave it a ritual washing and buried it at sea.:wink2:

When I eat something, I just eat it. With full force and concentration. Don't bother talking to me because I'm not listening. Screw you and your table manners this is MY TIME!!

Basically, I've been told the noun Duck when I eat it becomes the verb duck because it's getting on you if I'm in the middle of eating it.

Back