Chart Supplement Code Help Needed

Stuart Adams

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Stu
Possibly overlooking something and still searching but thought I'd throw this out here. I've seen these codes below the runway designations in my chart supplements for years and have been meaning to find out what they mean, but still haven't had any luck. I'm looking in an "Aeronautical Chart User's Guide" by ASA, but no luck yet. They are on airport diagrams, "S-75, D-95, 2D-170".

For example, here is Ramona (KRNM)
RWY 09-27
S-75, D-95, 2D-170

Thanks,
Stu

It's weight limits for landing on the runway.

S-75 says it will support Single Wheel Main Landing Gear up to 75,000 pounds.
D-95 says double wheel mains can go up to 95,000
2D-130 says two wheels in tandem landing gear up to 130,000.

By the way, the official and up to date ACUG is available for download FREE from the FAA (https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/aero_guide/)
ASA just reprints an out of date one. The info isn't there, it's in the front of the Chart Supplement books themeslves. Page 17 of the one I'm looing at under "RUNWAY WEIGHT BEARING CAPACITY."

I think that was a question on the old ATP written.

Thanks much! Yep, I see it now, just wasn't going far enough in my chart supplement. Appreciate the info.
Stu

Lots of questions can be answered by reading the legend pages...much arcane information there.

Bob

i know this is a 6 year old thread but i am juts into flight school and not surprisingly my instructor can not answer this question. so before my question let me say thanks to anyone who took th time to read this even if you do not respond.

i am using sky vector for studying since it is free. I am looking at Plainview (PVW) info screen. (not really sure what this page is called. it is not the supplement page as there is another page for that.) since it seems like a simple airport. The Hale County Airport information page says runway 4/22 it gives the typical length, type of pavement) then under that is says weight limits: S - 27 and nothing else. i have found info and reading flyingron response and i know that means it will support single wheel main landing gear. so does that mean no double wheel mains (pc-24. pc-12, saab 340, 737, etc) can land there? or does that mean anyone can land there but if you have single wheel mains you are limited to 27K but everyone else has no weight limit.

1696629926986.png

Attachments

• 1696629838621.png
    1696629838621.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 2
Back