Chart error

Skylane81E

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Duncan
So, anyway to report errors on the carts? found a humors one at KHLG,

On the sectional chart it is KHLG, but the Pitsburg TAC shows KHGL. Zooming in and out on Foreflight is amusing as you can watch the name change as it toggles between the sectional and the TAC:lol:

So, anyway to report errors on the carts? found a humors one at KHLG,

On the sectional chart it is KHLG, but the Pitsburg TAC shows KHGL. Zooming in and out on Foreflight is amusing as you can watch the name change as it toggles between the sectional and the TAC:lol:

http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/faq/#q6a

How can I report chart discrepancies?

You are encouraged to bring charting errors to our attention. Every FAA Aeronautical product contains contact information and brief instructions for reporting charting errors. You may contact us by mail, telephone, and e-mail:
Mailing Address:

FAA, AeroNav Products AJV-3
Second Floor, Station 2111
10201 Good Luck Road
Glenn Dale, MD 20769-9700
Telephone.......(800) 626-3677 toll free, U.S. only
Telephone.......(301) 344-6341 local, MD, VA, DC
E-mail...............9-AMC-Aerochart@faa.gov

http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/faq/#q6a

How can I report chart discrepancies?

You are encouraged to bring charting errors to our attention. Every FAA Aeronautical product contains contact information and brief instructions for reporting charting errors. You may contact us by mail, telephone, and e-mail:
Mailing Address:

FAA, AeroNav Products AJV-3
Second Floor, Station 2111
10201 Good Luck Road
Glenn Dale, MD 20769-9700
Telephone.......(800) 626-3677 toll free, U.S. only
Telephone.......(301) 344-6341 local, MD, VA, DC
E-mail...............9-AMC-Aerochart@faa.gov
Does the name of the road hold any significance in reference to the chances of them responding?

Even weirder - type KHGL into Airnav and it brings up Kona Hawaii :dunno:

I use Jeppesen's Flightdeck VFR for my chart browsing and for planning future flights. I found that the MEF for the quadrangle covering KCTZ is mislabeled by a couple thousand feet, fortunately on the high side. I use Aopa's EQB for actual flight planning (haven't yet used the Flightdeck program because while the graphics are significantly cleaner, the app is pretty thin on features) so I found it while transferring a recent flight. This made me wonder, how dangerous would that be if the MEF was reported thousands shorter and someone was relying on it for flying night VFR? Granted, night VFR wouldn't likely be flown over unfamiliar territory but that's not the point.

I used to drive on Good Luck road coming home from work when I was in High School (I worked the 6-12 shift at Arbitron in Beltsville). As a teenager with a muscle car I needed all the Good Luck I could get at the speeds I drove that road at 12:30 in the morning. Other fun streets were Beaver Dam Rd and Soil Convservation Road.

Back