Charleston SC - 4 day Get-Away

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
Mary and I made plans to take a vacation to Charleston SC for four days then make the short hop to Grand Strand in North Myrtle Beach SC. I guess one out of two ain't bad, as they say. With a tropical storm getting ready to come ashore in the Carolinas, then hit our home town in Ocean City MD we decided to cancel Grand Strand and three days on the beach. Instead we pointed for home and logged .7 IMC for the ride north. Here is a link to our blog post with a few videos. Enjoy!

BLOG & VIDEOS

Mary and I made plans to take a vacation to Charleston SC for four days then make the short hop to Grand Strand in North Myrtle Beach SC. I guess one out of two ain't bad, as they say. With a tropical storm getting ready to come ashore in the Carolinas, then hit our home town in Ocean City MD we decided to cancel Grand Strand and three days on the beach. Instead we pointed for home and logged .7 IMC for the ride north. Here is a link to our blog post with a few videos. Enjoy!

BLOG & VIDEOS
Charleston is such a nice town. I love the walking tours. In the last 20-30-40 years, it has gone from "a nice place to go" to a destination and the crowds reflect that. I miss the old days when everything wasn't slammed...

It seems to be a very popular wedding destination. We also found out that Bill Gates just bought two buildings down the street from the market place. He is going to build a Ritz-Carlton. As if there isn’t enough hotels……

It seems to be a very popular wedding destination. We also found out that Bill Gates just bought two buildings down the street from the market place. He is going to build a Ritz-Carlton. As if there isn’t enough hotels……

Sadly, a Ritz Carlton isn't what Charleston needs. It needs more B&B's and (arguably) fewer tourists.

Go to Seabrook Island every year. We used to go downtown at least once every trip but no more..

I'll check out the videos later but enjoyed the blog. Sparked a little interest to maybe head back to Charleston again someday. it's been a while for us....

I always enjoy touring the Yorktown.
Ten years ago I did something you would probably have enjoyed then.... when my son was in Cub Scouts and I was a volunteer scouter for the Pack, I lead a trip to do a sleepover onboard the Yorktown. Two nights aboard, sleeping in the same racks the sailors used. Not such a great night's sleep but overall a good time, and I think the boys had fun too ;)

Ten years ago I did something you would probably have enjoyed then.... when my son was in Cub Scouts and I was a volunteer scouter for the Pack, I lead a trip to do a sleepover onboard the Yorktown. Two nights aboard, sleeping in the same racks the sailors used. Not such a great night's sleep but overall a good time, and I think the boys had fun too ;)
I bet they had a blast!!

Go to Seabrook Island every year. We used to go downtown at least once every trip but no more..

Back in the day our band worked a number of weekends at Seabrook Is. They would give us a condo to stay in for the weekend and the pay was pretty good too ... :yes:

Later in life as a corporate manager we would be taken to Wild Dunes to play golf. Amazingly beautiful course! I can do a lotta things but golf is not even close to being one of them!

Back