Charleston, aSC?

tree96

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
tree96
Charleston, SUllivans Island SC

I'm vacationing on Sullivan's Island this week. Any good places recommended to eat? We always hit up Poe's. Was thinking there was an awesome place for ribs down this way but I can't remember.

We went to Patriots Point. Took the carriage tour of the city last year. When we were here.

I've seen a few planes up and down the shoreline, my nieces may like to check that out. Any recommendations n that?

Last edited:
Sullivans Island Restaurant... (close for you)
Folly Beach Crab Shack (not so close for you)
Aw Shucks next to the downtown marketplace - good She Crab and raw oysters.
T-Bonz (local chain) next to the marketplace and in the West Ashley part of town
East Bay Deli is another local chain with good sandwiches.
The Blue Rose is a cafe run by two locals who spent their lives in the restaurant business, and this is their retirement "business".. Its in West Ashley.. been there for breakfast a few times.

Some of these are more of a locals-joint feel than a polished restaurant concept.

Man I even searched the forum before I posted that. I thought I read about it before. Thanks for the responses. East bay deli looks on the horizon for the morning.

I'll be on Isle of Palms tomorrow. Any good place to take 5 kids for lunch ?

If you get into Charleston itself, there are too many to list.

Hominy Grill is great for breakfast and lunch. If you want to get some great coffee or a latte after swing a few blocks away to Kudu.

For dinner Hall's Chophouse, Husk, Tristan, 82 Queen mentioned above, Pughan's porch and Circa 1886. Cypress has a beautiful bar upstairs for an after dinner drink or while you're waiting for a reservation somewhere else. You really can't go wrong in Charleston.

With a family of 5 in Isle of Palms, ride a few minutes down the beach into Sullivan's Island. You can go to Poe's tavern for some amazing burgers, Dunleavy's pub again for burgers or Taco Mamacitas for some Tex-Mex.

If you get into Charleston itself, there are too many to list.

Hominy Grill is great for breakfast and lunch. If you want to get some great coffee or a latte after swing a few blocks away to Kudu.

For dinner Hall's Chophouse, Husk, Tristan, 82 Queen mentioned above, Pughan's porch and Circa 1886. Cypress has a beautiful bar upstairs for an after dinner drink or while you're waiting for a reservation somewhere else. You really can't go wrong in Charleston.

With a family of 5 in Isle of Palms, ride a few minutes down the beach into Sullivan's Island. You can go to Poe's tavern for some amazing burgers, Dunleavy's pub again for burgers or Taco Mamacitas for some Tex-Mex.

I'll second Poe's! I love that place.

And if you need to stay in Charleston, Planters Inn is unbeatable.

Thanks Hank! I'll plug for Sticky Fingers that was some awesome ribs.

And the Folly Beach crab shack was a hit too.

Mods feel free to delete this thread or if possible merge it with the other Charleston thread.

Back