Charitable Notice; Not Aviation; $upport Requested

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Does the Title fall within the ROC?

Retirement(self-imposed - until I get totally bored) is providing time to give back to the community.
Photo #1 = The latest project.
Photo #2 = See above.
Photo #3 = As may be seen at numerous retail locations whose management has graciously displayed the product on a non-commission basis.
Photo #4 =The magnificent Steinway Hamburg D Concert Grand piano(and Karen) which accompanies me; and which has been used on tour(s) by Horowitz, Rubenstein, Peter Nero, Jeffrey Swann, Louis Lortie, Stephan Litwin, and dozens of other stars who have autographed the instrument.
Photo #5 = HR, while working on the final mastering.
No photo: The most-distant traveled CD now resides on Upper Canyon Road, Santa Fe, NM. Its owner was bringing his daughter back to Maine for her 2nd year at Bowdoin College.

$11.50 includes shipping. Karen, David, and I have no financial gain from this project.

HR

Attachments

• 020_20.JPG
    020_20.JPG
    514.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 019_19.JPG
    019_19.JPG
    537.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 018_18.JPG
    018_18.JPG
    505.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 004_4.JPG
    004_4.JPG
    430.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 012_12.JPG
    012_12.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 25
How do i order? I can send check, MO, whatever.

Lemme know. I want the 'most traveled' CD...... :) Just joking. I've got two of Ben's CD's, they are wonderful.

DeeG said:
How do i order? I can send check, MO, whatever.

Lemme know. I want the 'most traveled' CD...... :) Just joking. I've got two of Ben's CD's, they are wonderful.

We have low-key distribution here. Most of the CDs are with the church(60 miles from here); 5 are at
each of a group of merchants. For inquiries such as yours, I'll handle the shipping from here in Topsham.
Remittance may be sent to me at the address, as below.........

Lawreston
25 Goldeneye Drive
Topsham, ME 04086

$11.50(includes mailing). If by personal check -- should be made out
to Broad Cove Church, and marked, Donation. I'll send you a
receipt for Donation to the Music for the Hearts of Cushing Project,
as opposed to a product having been purchased.

Thanks for your interest and support.

Incidentally, Karen's folks live in Florida but summer at a vacation center in Arundel/Kennebunkport[George Bush Sr. (Walker's Point) territory], Maine. There's a nice little performance hall there; we've been asked to do a presentation. If it comes off we'll probably augment the program with some
Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, et cetera "standards." Interesting possibilities.

HR

Last edited:
I just sent in the money yesterday .. can't wait to hear it.

RogerT said:
I just sent in the money yesterday .. can't wait to hear it.

Thanks, Roger. Numerous elements made it an interesting project.
a. I had worked with the other musicians on prior occasions.

b. The studio owners knew that I had worked(recording engineer) in a studio in Boston; so, I was invited to participate in the "Mastering" session.

c. Karen is still raving to friends about the Steinway Hamburg D Concert Grand piano. She claims that the magnificent instrument "seems to know the mood of the composition which is being played upon it."

d. Studio owners say they don't have to advertise the Steinway. "Musicians who use it just spread the word. And established stars are coming from NY, Nashville, Los Angeles because the piano is here."

e. In one of the selections, after a piano interlude I failed to pick up the vocal to finis. Karen didn't miss a beat, kept vamping for four additional measures, and I came back in. I defy anyone to pinpoint where my faux pas occurred. In Boston -- the old Ampex 300 tape days -- we would have cut/spliced the 4 measures. The Digital method is spectacular. We could "see" the specific audio area to be edited, and in minute numeric portions of "time."

f. It is a good product. Forewarning: I'm a dite #(pitch) in a couple places; but session engineer said, "Leave it alone! not significant."

g. Former wife flew up from Florida to attend concert. "I hate Georgia," (reasons unknown to me) "but 'Georgia On My Mind' is the best of the bunch." ??????? Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I'll be in touch, Roger.

HR

Back