Charelston, SC next week...

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
My wife and I will be flying to Columbus, GA next Wed or Thurs for my bro-in-law's graduation from Airborne School there. Afterwards, we are planning on making a hop over to Charleston for a day or so. My wife spent 10 months there while working with Ameri-Corps and she wants to show me the town.

Anybody have any tips on places to see, where to stay (cheaply), etc. for Fri/Sat of next week? Anything special going on next weekend? What airport is best for GA in the area?

Looking forward to getting back to God's country!! :)

I flew into KLRO a year plus ago, but KCHS or KJZI will also work. There are several inexpensive hotels in Mt Pleasant, just over the bridge from the historic district. Nothing in the historic district is cheap. I've stayed there, and it's nice to be able to just walk out the door, but it's definitely not cheap.

Lots to see. I often just like looking at the old houses. A mountain bike is best in my opinion for touring the historic district. Fast enough to get around and see lots, slow enough to get a good view and a whole heck of a lot easier to stop and study the details than a car.

Your wife will know more than I, since she lived there. I've only visited 3 or 4 times.

I flew into KLRO a year ago for a stay on the beach for the weekend. Plenty of parking, and the line guys were great. For some reason it just seemed better than KJZI - can't remember the reason, but it worked out great.

Back