Chapel Hill Airport impending closure.

Curious, what does a person with a Ph.D in medieval studies do after graduation?
In my case, I taught as a prof in an English department for a few years — the Centre had a high placement rate — then drifted off into tech.

In general, I find a humanties grad takes longer to launch but then often makes it further once they get going, because all jobs are generalist communications jobs once you get high enough up the ladder. Here's how I describe it (way oversimplified, of course):
  • In their 20s, the Arts grad asks the STEM grad how much foam they'd like in their latte.
  • In their 30s, the Arts grad and the STEM grad are cubicle neighbours.
  • In their 40s, the STEM grad goes into the Arts grad's office to hear their performance review. :)

In my case, I taught as a prof in an English department for a few years — the Centre had a high placement rate — then drifted off into tech.

In general, I find a humanties grad takes longer to launch but then often makes it further once they get going, because all jobs are generalist communications jobs once you get high enough up the ladder. Here's how I describe it (way oversimplified, of course):
  • In their 20s, the Arts grad asks the STEM grad how much foam they'd like in their latte.
  • In their 30s, the Arts grad and the STEM grad are cubicle neighbours.
  • In their 40s, the STEM grad goes into the Arts grad's office to hear their performance review. :)

Gratifying to hear that Phillipe has a chance to pay off all of that student loan debt.

IMG_0200.jpg

Back