Changing Quotes

I’m not a programmer. Only thing I’ve ever done is BASIC many years ago. But I find it hard to believe that the code writer guys at XenForo couldn’t do it.
Yeah, but you miss the point. The BBCode [ quote ] insert stuff here [ / quote ] isn't an automation thing, it's a formatting deal, and I could still say:

User luvflying said "RyanB is a silly goose"...

and I'm falsely attributing a quote to you, BBCode or not.

0bc27d1a708946a2e561af27a6933998.jpg
I did that to a former member who often posted bad information. He would change his original post to say something other than the original post- the screen shot put an end to that.

I’ll do something like that if the other persons post was a real long one and it covered more than one topic. Like this. In my reply. You said above “…blah blah blah…”
I'll often mention that I edited my post if it is much more than grammar or spelling.

I did that to a former member who often posted bad information. He would change his original post to say something other than the original post- the screen shot put an end to that.

I'll often mention that I edited my post if it is much more than grammar or spelling.
I do that a lot. Like this,
EDIT: blah blah blah
But what we’re talkin’ about here is not editing what you’ve said. It’s about changing what someone else said. And in your post where you replied to his post, where it says Bob said, there’s no way to know that that’s not what he said. That you changed what he said. Other than scrolling up and finding his post and making the comparison.

And in your post where you replied to his post, where it says Bob said, there’s no way to know that that’s not what he said. That you changed what he said. Other than scrolling up and finding his post and making the comparison.

I mentioned this before and I'm quite curious if anyone else sees this. On my machine I get an arrow next to name of the person quoted when they are in a reply. Those arrows are links that I can click on that take me to the original post. Here's a screen shot that shows two of them and neither post is selected for a reply:

upload_2022-9-4_16-17-3.png

Note the bottom one is red as I had the mouse hovering over it during the screenshot to show that it was an active link.

Back