Changing of the mind

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
This past wknd my sis and I visited with Brian, Michael and Michael's girl, April for breakfast at the aprt. It was a very pleasant time on a beautiful day.

Later that day my sis commented that it was so cool that folks can fly in to a distant aprt to meet other pilots and enjoy a nice meal together. Previously she had consistently said no to my invitations to join in the GA fun. *My sister also expressed delight to know that April has started her PPL.

My sis thought y'all were nice folks. Including you, Brian.:) So, thanks, you guys.

*We were raised in a different time and under the military umbrella. Among other things, it was pounded into our heads that only those select few with 'right stuff' could be aviators. Having lived everything military we didn't really associate ourselves with civilian life. Even now, some things seem foreign. For my sister, that would have included becoming a pilot. She is now opening opening her eyes to the possibilities. When I asked if she would think about getting her PPL she flashed me big smile. April inspired my sister.

Richard said:
My sis thought y'all were nice folks. Including you, Brian.:) So, thanks, you guys.
I'm not sure how to take that... ;)

It was great seeing you, Richard, and meeting your sister as well.

Richard said:
Among other things, it was pounded into our heads that only those select few with 'right stuff' could be aviators. .

Probably not too far from the truth.

Richard said:
She is now opening opening her eyes to the possibilities. When I asked if she would think about getting her PPL she flashed me big smile. April inspired my sister.

That is wonderful!

Way cool Richard. Now i fel bad that I didnt take her up. Next time for sure.

Richard...you should take her to your (her) local 99's meeting. Also tell her about women in aviation. www.wai.org. She is lucky to have a great brother to take her flying.

Back