Changed the YouTube Channel

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
Note: NOT shameless self-promotion (well, mostly not). But more some of the inner complexities of YouTube.

I decided to make a change to my YouTube channel. Well, externally it might not be so big of a deal, but behind the scenes it's a bit more of one.

When I started uploading videos to YouTube it was mostly surrounding the Cobra, but I figured it wouldn't be terribly popular. I'm still not sure if I'd say it's "terribly popular" (I'm no @SixPapaCharlie ) but I'm pushing 500 subscribers, which is a lot more than I thought I'd end up with, and some of these videos actually have a surprising number of views on them. My channel was attached to my personal eMail address, meaning that the channel name and avatar were the same as the name and profile picture I had for my personal eMail account. This was fine, especially since at the beginning I wasn't sure what the channel would be, so just my name was fine. I also figured at the time I'd upload some Cloud Nine videos (I did upload a couple) and thought with the blend of aviation, automotive, tractor/farm life, it would just be an all-encompassing channel.

Fast forward a year or two later and aside from more subscribers than I anticipated (hitting 1000 this year may be a possibility), it's also very definitively a channel about my garage-esque exploits. Whatever project I'm tinkering on, reviews and thoughts on my vehicles and upgrades, things like that. So I decided I wanted to change the channel name, but I didn't want to change my personal eMail name to "Ted's Garage".

End result, I converted my channel to a "Brand" channel, which lets me assign different users, have a secondary/dummy eMail address that I can give out as one dedicated to the channel if I want and separate from my personal eMail, and also lets me have a different channel photo vs. my personal profile photo. This wasn't inherently difficult, but took some Googling to figure out how to do and is not something that's at all obvious clicking through settings.

I think I need to do some more work on the channel, but "Ted's Garage" is now a thing. :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaQHHoLTPa5QGklGwqXCoYw

So are you doing to add in visual effects and dub in some ubeat instrumental lounge music?

Call it "Ted Talk" and you will have 10k subs in no time.
At any rate, Sub'd. I will share it on my community page. Might get a small bit of traffic your way.
What's the best video (One you would use to show a first timer your channel?)

So are you doing to add in visual effects and dub in some ubeat instrumental lounge music?

I have thought about doing some things to improve my videos. As I said, I'm no BrYan. When I see some of these video

Call it "Ted Talk" and you will have 10k subs in no time.
At any rate, Sub'd. I will share it on my community page. Might get a small bit of traffic your way.
What's the best video (One you would use to show a first timer your channel?)

Funny thing, I pay enough attention to my subscriber count that I checked and could see you subscribed. :)

I appreciate it, any extra subscribers would be a good thing. I do have a goal of hitting 1,000 this year, perhaps a misguided one, to hit that monetization level.

Lets see, best video? Good question. Honestly I think all my videos are pretty bad. Funny enough the ones I get the most positive feedback on are the ones I usually don't think were very good.

Best one in my opinion? Probably the one on my Moto Guzzi:

I dont believe this is a real post. The title isnt "Thinking about ...." You did something without making a post here?
Imposter is what I am saying

If you'll note, on rare occasion I actually jump straight to a "Done [something]" rather than "Thinking about [something]". :)

C'mon nobody immediately chimed in with "Click Bait!" after seeing this thread was about a YouTube video?

LOL cool channel and good content. Thanks for sharing, Ted!

The 3114 conversion should bring in at least minus 5 subscribers.

Reactions: Ted
The 3114 conversion should bring in at least minus 5 subscribers.

Just so long as I get to 1,005 before I get those -5s. If YouTube allows monetization at 1,000 I'm assuming they take it away at 999. ;)

Brand channel is smart.

It migrates your subscribers / keeps them by the way.

And it allows for transfer of ownership if you ever want a more anonymized GMail account to own it or allow other content managers or stuff like that.

Back