Change your clocks...

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
A quick reminder from my local news:

It's a chance for much of the nation to rest up before Halloween.

Sunday morning marks the end of daylight-saving time and the return to standard time, in all areas except Arizona, Hawaii and the parts of Indiana in the Eastern time zone.

The clocks officially change at 2 a.m. Sunday, meaning most people will turn the clock back an hour before going to sleep.

Daylight saving time returns April 2.Congress has voted to change the dates for daylight-saving time, but that doesn't take effect until 2007.

Firefighters urge people to switch the batteries in their smoke detectors when they change their clocks.

I have to get up at 2am to change my smoke detector batteries? Is that 2am new time or old time?

very good piece of news
yes we will have to change my clock now
keep everything up to date
so many clocks to chnage in my house and also my computer clock

Let'sgoflying! said:
I have to get up at 2am to change my smoke detector batteries? Is that 2am new time or old time?

:rofl:

LOL--2am is the "official" time when it changes from Daylight Savings Time to Standard Time. If you don't wake up before 2am then you can set your clocks back 1 hour and when ya wake up, the clocks will be correct.

Let'sgoflying! said:
Yes! Yes, you do! Not only that, but you have to do it in that odd pico-second when it has struck 2am old time, but hasn't quite switched to 2am new time! So I hope you were quick about it!!!!

Anybody else have one of these radio-enabled clock that is supposed to set itself to WWV thrice per day? I am waiting for mine to adjust for standard time (which it has done in the past, but has not done so today). Hmmm.

-Skip

The TV, the landline and the computer all knew what time it was. Still waiting on the cell, I had to change the trucks, 5 at home, 10 at work.... wait there's still the airplanes.

Let'sgoflying! said:
The TV, the landline and the computer all knew what time it was. Still waiting on the cell, I had to change the trucks, 5 at home, 10 at work.... wait there's still the airplanes.

Interesting. By my count, you have at least TWENTY ONE clocks and probably a watch or two on top of that. You probably loose that entire free hour, if not more, just setting the clocks.

I have 7 clocks that I can readily identify (two are GMT). Only 4 clocks are ever used though. (GMT, wall clock, watch, alarm) A digital camera and several computers and are floating around that have clocks by default (one does not have a time based clock at all and two must be reset every time it's turned on) A few things have multiple clocks and/or timers out the wazoo. Total count is definitely into the double digits because there's no choice but to get a clock with something.

Oh yea, I have a sundial and a siderial clock (equilaterial mount) too. And I know how to make clocks with nothing more than a stick and some rocks.

Clocks seem to be in everything nowadays. More and more things you can't even buy unless you get a clock with it. Is knowing exactly what time it is really that important?

How many clocks does the average person have?
Does everyone wear a watch?

what a bummer. 5 months of dark. blah.

at least for the next month or so it will be light before getting up though.

fgcason said:

this is my problem. I cannot stand jewelery, accouterments of the hands expecially. Boyhood injury with a ring and roof-jumping; long story. So I surround myself with clocks!

fgcason said:
Interesting. By my count, you have at least TWENTY ONE clocks and probably a watch or two on top of that. You probably loose that entire free hour, if not more, just setting the clocks.

I have 7 clocks that I can readily identify (two are GMT). Only 4 clocks are ever used though. (GMT, wall clock, watch, alarm) A digital camera and several computers and are floating around that have clocks by default (one does not have a time based clock at all and two must be reset every time it's turned on) A few things have multiple clocks and/or timers out the wazoo. Total count is definitely into the double digits because there's no choice but to get a clock with something.

Oh yea, I have a sundial and a siderial clock (equilaterial mount) too. And I know how to make clocks with nothing more than a stick and some rocks.

Clocks seem to be in everything nowadays. More and more things you can't even buy unless you get a clock with it. Is knowing exactly what time it is really that important?

Don't wear a watch unless to go flying. Other times, use my internal clock or one of the many clocks that are all around the modern world.

Never wear a watch except when flying, and I always forget to look at the time right after takeoff. I usually remember about 3-10 minutes later. I'll probably run out of fuel one of these days on account of that.

deafsound said:
Never wear a watch except when flying, and I always forget to look at the time right after takeoff. I usually remember about 3-10 minutes later. I'll probably run out of fuel one of these days on account of that.

Try the aviator's classic **** list on your take off checklist or as a takeoff check :

Strobes (on)
Heading (verify whiskey compass with RWY heading)
Instruments (all in the green)
Time (make note in writing)

Dave Krall CFII said:
Try the aviator's classic **** list on your take off checklist or as a takeoff check :

Strobes (on)
Heading (verify whiskey compass with RWY heading)
Instruments (all in the green)
Time (make note in writing)

My instructor taught me this one recently as a checklist when on the runway, just before the takeoff checklist:

Transpoder (ALT)
Instruments (All indicating 0 when lined up, DG lined up with runway)
Time (Note)
Strobes (On if installed)

Who doesn't like that one? :rofl:

Back