Change of address

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
What are the requirements for changing the address on your aircraft registration ?

Sec. 47.45

Change of address.

Within 30 days after any change in his permanent mailing address, the holder of a Certificate of Aircraft Registration for an aircraft shall notify the [Registry] of his new address. A revised Certificate of Aircraft Registration is then issued, without charge.

On another hand, I'm reading Tom's question to reference his aircraft was recently noted to have a new home, not Tom's personal address to which his aircraft is most likely registered. Wouldn't the taxing authority of the plane's new hangar location pick up on specifics of the airplane's base location?

HR

On another hand, I'm reading Tom's question to reference his aircraft was recently noted to have a new home, not Tom's personal address to which his aircraft is most likely registered. Wouldn't the taxing authority of the plane's new hangar location pick up on specifics of the airplane's base location?

HR
The FAA doesn't care where you park it as long as they know where to send the mail. The rest is a state/local matter.

Sec. 47.45

Change of address.

Within 30 days after any change in his permanent mailing address, the holder of a Certificate of Aircraft Registration for an aircraft shall notify the [Registry] of his new address. A revised Certificate of Aircraft Registration is then issued, without charge.

Thanks Ron, I read right past it. read one thing, thinking another.

Back