Change of address ????

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
I was checking something on the FAA database and just for drill I checked my own data. To my horror my address has been changed from Tacoma, WA to San Diego CA.

I am indeed in San Diego, but it is a temporary change. I have not notified the FAA of a change of address.

Now they have changed my address for me and I might possibly be in violation with my plane, my pilot's ticket and my A&P IA.

I am unsure where to go from here. I have NOT been down here 60 days yet, but it is gertting close. I do NOT want to change my residence to California.

What now? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Paul
N1431A
KSDM

I was checking something on the FAA database and just for drill I checked my own data. To my horror my address has been changed from Tacoma, WA to San Diego CA.

I am unsure where to go from here. I have NOT been down here 60 days yet, but it is gertting close. I do NOT want to change my residence to California.

What now? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
When I moved the FAA recorded the notice from the forwarding and address correction from the postal service to change my address before I told them, at least on the airman records. I think that's automated because all kinds of outfits had my new address right quick.

Remember if you move ya got a month to inform the FAA (not 60 days.) Just change your address back at the FAA online. http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/update_address/

Whether you were obligated to inform the FAA of a temporary address change I'll leave to others. I think yes, if it's for 30 days or more. The FAA wants to know where your body is.

§ 61.60 Change of address.

The holder of a pilot, flight instructor, or ground instructor certificate who has made a change in permanent mailing address may not, after 30 days from that date, exercise the privileges of the certificate unless the holder has notified in writing the FAA, Airman Certification Branch, P.O. Box 25082, Oklahoma City, OK 73125, of the new permanent mailing address, or if the permanent mailing address includes a post office box number, then the holder's current residential address.

Back