Challenger 300 (vicariously)

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
snippets of an email exchange between myself and a friend...

Gary: I'm down at DFW in Challenger 300 training...just finished the sim for today.

Me: How many times did they kill you in the sim? Anything spectacular? :)

Gary:We did die once. Thankfully I didn't have to explain it to the IP. My sim partner didn't arrest his descent rate on the hardest maneuver in the sim: a single-engine go around from an ILS to minimums. He didn't call for flaps up when he applied power (I should have been prompting him when it was ommitted) and I was fascinated (distracted) by our slow speed and rate of descent and the next thing I know I'm watching the snow-covered runway breaking thru the last layer of low clouds and before I knew it there was a jolting crash accompanied by a blasting crashing sound...then silence from all. Until he said the expletive. :) He later did it very well so we are on track for a Tuesday Type-rating. There are only 75 300's in the world and about 320 rated pilots in them. This school I'm in is sold-out through most of 2007. Check them out at Airliners.net under Challenger 300 or BD-100 (Bombardier). Ours will be delivered by Christmas supposedly.
Go get your instrument rating!

Back