CH750 taildragger?

alaskan9974

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
alaskan9974
I have a PA12, just sold it looking for something comparable I can build as a first time builder. I have other planes but they’re all certified.

My IA is good to work with so I normally do the work myself on them with his supervision and signoff, we don’t keep track but it’s probably a few hundred hours including a complete rebuild of my 170.

It was annoying with the 12 because I mainly used it in the backcountry flying by myself, not being able to do repairs on it myself legally if needed to get me home was always in the back of my mind.

A CH750 looks fairly straightforward to put together but I like the lines of the Kitfoxes. I prefer conventional gear not a nosewheel like the CH’s, but the CH seems more capable where I fly.

I see a few have done that conversion on their Zeniths, not sure why its not more popular?

For one , they are butt ugly as taildraggers …
IMG_0921.jpeg

while Ok looking as trikes …
IMG_0922.jpeg

also … I think the original trike design does pretty much everything you would want to do from a plane like that so why change it ?

For one , they are butt ugly as taildraggers …
View attachment 119492

while Ok looking as trikes …
View attachment 119493

also … I think the original trike design does pretty much everything you would want to do from a plane like that so why change it ?
Looks like a fat citabria to me, unique.

Just funner to fly for me, no other reason

Well, if it is more fun for you then that’s a valid point and that’s all it matters in your context - my point was in response to your original question why so few people build them as taildraggers …

Back