CGS Hawks in Georgia

ironnerd

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
ironnerd
I know there is at least one CGS Hawk in GA (in my car port), but are there any others? I looked it up on the FAA web site, and found one (oddly at my home airport Cartersville - KVPC - but I have yet to see it on one of my trips).

Basically, this is a "Birds of a feather" kind of thing. I would like to see how other builders put theirs together - the guy that built mine jacked up every part he touched. In a way I'm glad the wings were destroyed in the fire so the previous owner would stop flying it before it killed him. Now I am using my A&P skills (both of them) to put it back together. Since the assembly instructions and drawings assume you bought a kit, I would love a real-world item to look at.

Ask @kyleb He's pretty connected to the experimental crowd at VPC.

There may be two at VPC. I think one of 'em lives in the t-hangar adjacent to mine. I don't have the owner's contact info, but can probably come up with it given a few days.\\

If I don't get back to this thread, either ask the IA who is in hangar C7 or hang a note on the door of C5, where I believe the Hawk lives. Those are in the skinny row of hangars at the West side of the North ramp.

Whoa... a Useful forum...weird...
@Dave Theisen, thanks for the lead.
@kyleb, I normally tinker with the orange AA-1A in one of the large hangars right next to the shiny new hangars. Next time I get up there I'll leave a note. Have not been up there in a while (last time I went I found out the alarm panel had been changed, and could not turn the [expletive] thing off).

Stopped by the airport for Hangar Therapy yesterday. Watched a Mooney perform a surprisingly short takeoff. Helped out a little with on of the Barons (gear issue).
Tinkered with the AA1A which is halfway through its year-long annual - I'm probably just going to go up there next weekend and take charge of this project.

The T-hangars were all locked up, so I left a note.

A darn good day.

Back