CGR install questions

Tokirbymd

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tokirbymd
1- Seneca IV has MAP with integrated switches that complete the annunciator panel circuit when MAP exceeds 39.5" to light the overboost light on the warning panel. Can the CGR 30P be used to light that warning switch or would you have to depend on the warning light incorporated into the CGR or the red/yellow warning bulb?
2- There are 2 electric tach generators that communicate with the tach on the panel- Is there a required interface for the CGR that incorporates this tach drive signal? I wasn't able to find documentation of such on the install instructions or ordering details.

Can’t answer the MAP and warning light question question, I don’t have a turbo. But on my Baron installation when MAP exceeds predefined limits to the red arc (you’ll need to send in the limitation pages of the POH when you order for them to configure) the red annunciator lights up.

regarding tach, the CGR uses magneto pickups for that. Basically you wire each p lead to the engine data converter from the switch. It doesn’t interface with a tach generator.

Back