CFII needed - SF Bay Area (East Bay)

letsgofly925

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
letsgofly925
I'm looking for a CFII to instruct in my plane and help me finish my Instrument rating. 3 week ago I did a PIC (Professional Instrument Course) where they send out an instructor and you're supposedly to finish your rating in 7 days... what a nightmare that was. Needless to say I needed more time and the company left me high and dry.

I'm looking for a CFII that has GTN750 experience and preferably G500 time but G1000 should work. Based out of KLVK but willing to travel. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

7 days is a bit too ambitious.

When folks ask me about that program, I recommend scheduling for 14 days and then work toward finishing in 12.

@letsgofly925 .... do you own the aircraft?

I'm looking for a CFII to instruct in my plane and help me finish my Instrument rating. 3 week ago I did a PIC (Professional Instrument Course) where they send out an instructor and you're supposedly to finish your rating in 7 days... what a nightmare that was. Needless to say I needed more time and the company left me high and dry.

I'm looking for a CFII that has GTN750 experience and preferably G500 time but G1000 should work. Based out of KLVK but willing to travel. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I've had a few lessons at KLVK from a guy named Clint. I just checked with him, and he said he has several students that have their own planes. He also teaches at Attitude Aviation at KLVK if you need to rent, though doesn't sound like you need that. Anyways, his phone number is: (925) 200-2012.

Jeff, thank you.

No problem! If he doesn't work out, perhaps one of the many other instructors at Attitude Aviation will. There's another good instructor named Eddie at Red Sky Aviation, but I'm pretty sure he's employed by them, and thus wouldn't be able to teach a person in their own plane. Good luck with it. Let us know how it goes.

I talked with the owner of Red Sky and he didn't mention Eddie. You're the second person that's mentioned him. Does he still work there?

I talked with the owner of Red Sky and he didn't mention Eddie. You're the second person that's mentioned him. Does he still work there?

As far a I know, he still works there. He’s the CFI I had for most of last year, and he’s very good. The last time I bumped into him, which I do on occasions when I’m getting into the plane at Attitude, was about a week ago. He said he’s cut back on instructing a bit due to traveling. If you want, I can give you his number. He is very good.

Just chatted with Eddie. Apparently he doesn’t have much time, but said he would let me know if he thinks of another instructor. I’ll keep ya posted.

Back