CFI training in my Comanche

Cline

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Cline
Hi: I am looking for a CFI that would be interested in doing some flight training with me in my Comanche. I am located in the Dallas Fort Worth area.

The Metroplex is a big area - where is the plane and what kind of training?

The Comanche is located in Rockwall. I need to do some brush up work and finish up my IFR. My daughter is also in flight training, also working on her IFR. My goal is to be proficient at IFR. Her goal is to become an airline pilot.

I guess you could use a CFI as a safety pilot if you are just doing brush up work, but yeah, you'll need a CFII for the endorsement, 15 hours dual required, etc.

I'm sure DFW is flush with instructors. That seems to be one of the busiest GA areas in the country.

If you know anyone that is interested, send him or her my way.

Check Yelp.

Seriously. In major metro areas, it's a great resource for reviews.

I have never used Yelp. Looks like a good place to find a meal.

Last edited:
There is an experienced and trained Comanche instructor is Burnet, TX. Is that close enough? You can also ask over on the Airworthy Comanche forum on Delphi. There are a few hundred Comanche owners over there.

There is an experienced and trained Comanche instructor is Burnet, TX. Is that close enough? You can also ask over on the Airworthy Comanche forum on Delphi. There are a few hundred Comanche owners over there.

Burnet, TX is a couple hundred miles from us. I will check out the Comanche forum on Delphi. Thanks for your help, Kristin.

Barry the Pilot ... barrythepilot at gmail. He's based at KDTO with lots of Comanche time.

Thanks for your input. It looks like we will be flying with John. Believe it or not, the runway at Rockwall is closed. It seems like there is always something to wait on when you want to go flying.

Back