CFI recs in Chicagoland Area?

mcukier

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
mcukier
Hey All:

Exactly like the title says... I'm looking for recs for a good flying school/CFI in the Chicago Area. Any and all input appreciated.

I live in the city, so whether I go north, south, or west doesn't matter much to me.... but proximity to the city would be nice.

Thanks!

- Mark

Our flight school across from my office has a great relation with the local examiner. They offer G1000 172's ans G300 162's for primary instruction. The advanced trainers are Piper Seminoles. They have a Redbird simulator and the instructors there have really good real world experience. Many have jet experience and have worked and are working charter. They are 141 and a Cessna CPC if that helps. JA Flight Training is the company or contact me directly and I can get you in touch with the right people. Located about an hour from downtown and they have several people from the city that train and rent there. They can even pick you up from the train station sometimes.

I appreciate the recommendation.. but Aurora is a bit out of my radius of travel for flight lessons. Thanks again though! Anyone else??

I fly out of KPWK. PM me and I'll give you my number. Have several recommendations.

Hi Mark,
I flew with Marc Gibson from Windy City Flyers at KPWK whilst I was there for the summer. Good operation & can recommend flying with them...

Thanks all. In a funny twist of fate, my search for a CFI led me to a very close friend of my brother! Too funny, but the world works like that sometimes. :)

James, I took a few lessons at WCF two years ago... they do run a good operation, but most of their guys are young aspiring ATPs which I'm trying to avoid. Also... it's impossible to get on a plane there.

Thanks again all!

Back