CFI Mins !?!?!?!

Superpilot61

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Superpilot61
Is this true for CFI mins to work at ATP???

Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
  • Multi-Engine Instructor (MEI) Rating
  • Instrument Instructor (II) Ratings
100 Hours Multi-Engine PIC (PA-44 Preferred)
eek.gif
eek.gif
:yikes::yikes::mad2::mad2:
  • 40 Hours Multi-Engine Cross-Country PIC
    using Airline-Style Crew Resource Management Experience
Garmin GNS 430 & HSI Experience

So before you can teach at ATP, you either need to get your CFI/II/MEI at ATP, or have significant experience in twins. Makes sense given the way they do so much of their training in twins.

Wow....they actually want somewhat experienced people instructing. The nerve of some companies!!

Wow....they actually want somewhat experienced people instructing. The nerve of some companies!!

You took the words right out of my fingertips.

Besides, those requirements really are not very much time...

You took the words right out of my fingertips.

Besides, those requirements really are not very much time...

Especially since they give their students so much multi time. I would take a bet that this is driven by their insurer as much as anything else.

I know at the school where I got my multi you had to have 50 hours multi and 15 time in type and a checkout to take the twin solo. But if you GOT your multi in that twin with that school you were good for solo as long as you took a flight with an instructor every six months. I guess the insurers looked at that as a lower risk.

Meh... Looks like they want to discourage anyone but their graduates from working there. That leads to "inbreeding" which IMHO is one of the worst things about the 141 pilot mills.

Meh... Looks like they want to discourage anyone but their graduates from working there. That leads to "inbreeding" which IMHO is one of the worst things about the 141 pilot mills.

I agree.... That same "inbreeding" happens in Hollywood and Washington DC...... Look where that got us .:yesnod::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad3:

Back