CFI lesson plans

RalphInCA

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
RalphInCA
As I embark on my journey towards my CFI, several people have told me that I need to start now with getting together "lesson plans".

Can somebody please elaborate on what this means? Possibly point me towards some examples?

Last edited:
I bought mine. I know how to create one for the check ride but will use these when instructing. They cover every single section and bullet in the PTS.

http://thebackseatpilot.com/ (I'm not associated with the website in any way)

Edit: Ha! ^^

Thanks guys!
IIRC correctly you are still working on you IR and Comm? When you get to your Commercial training do everything from the right seat if your CFI is ok with it. It will help you get your sight picture down from the other side and you'll be used to it once you start your CFI training.

IIRC correctly you are still working on you IR and Comm? When you get to your Commercial training do everything from the right seat if your CFI is ok with it. It will help you get your sight picture down from the other side and you'll be used to it once you start your CFI training.

Yep. Have just begun working on my instrument and Commercial. But a couple of people have told me that since the ultimate goal is CFI, I should start on the lesson plans now.

They might be telling you to start early because it took me several months to hand write and re-write my lesson plans.

And then type out the final drafts.

I am not that old, home computers were still at an early age and VERY expensive back then.

Yep. Have just begun working on my instrument and Commercial. But a couple of people have told me that since the ultimate goal is CFI, I should start on the lesson plans now.
It took me about a month to do all of my lesson plans. Learning the material for aviation knowledge isn't bad. Wait until you read the Aviation Instructor's Handbook!

It took me about a month to do all of my lesson plans. Learning the material for aviation knowledge isn't bad. Wait until you read the Aviation Instructor's Handbook!

One step at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back