CFI Job In Minneapolis (for a friend)?

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Hey Everyone,

Was wondering if you could help me out or point me in the right direction. I'm friends with a CFI couple that moved to Houston a few months ago. Recently, he got a job right-seating a Citation XL out of Minneapolis, so now she needs to find a job up there too. Do you all know of any place that's hiring pilots/instructors in that area?

She's got her CSEL, CMEL, IR, CFI, CFII, and MEI, and she's got about 700 hours total time, 120 hours multi, and 50 hours turbine.

Any thoughts?

Hey Everyone,

Was wondering if you could help me out or point me in the right direction. I'm friends with a CFI couple that moved to Houston a few months ago. Recently, he got a job right-seating a Citation XL out of Minneapolis, so now she needs to find a job up there too. Do you all know of any place that's hiring pilots/instructors in that area?

She's got her CSEL, CMEL, IR, CFI, CFII, and MEI, and she's got about 700 hours total time, 120 hours multi, and 50 hours turbine.

Any thoughts?
There are two good schools at my home base (KFCM) and one so-so one. I don't know if either is hiring but chances are Thunderbird is and they run part 141 school at Crystal also. The other good one is a much smaller operation that focuses on primary training (ASEL-PPL) and and taildraggers. I just spoke with the owner of the smaller school (who's a very good CFI) and he said he just happens to be looking for another instructor. He said to have her email him with her complete resume. His email address is: ben@inflightpilottraining.com His name is Ben Quillan.

I can check with Thunderbird as well, they have many more instructors and a pretty good turnover so I'd expect she could easily get in there too.

Thanks guys. I pointed her to this thread, so now I just wish her luck (and hope she signs up to be part of this community too)!

Thunderbird has a couple positions open according to their website.

Pete Livieri is the KFCM base chief instructor and a very down to earth guy. (Marsha is listed as the base chief on the website but that's not accurate).

http://www.thunderbirdaviation.com/employment/

Tell her to hurry though. I've know at least two other Chief Instructors at TBird. Seems there's a lot of turnover there (which could be a good thing).

Tell her to hurry though. I've know at least two other Chief Instructors at TBird. Seems there's a lot of turnover there (which could be a good thing).
Could be a good thing for getting a job there - probably not the best thing for wanting to keep the job there.

One of my old flight instructors moved to Minneapolis and now flies and RJ. I'll contact him and see what he knows.

Back