CFI Initial...almost made it

Needing to leverage a teaching/cfi position to get a mate reinforces my point.:lol:

You have a very negative attitude. Believe it or not, some people instruct because they love teaching and love flying. Has nothing to do with an ego or building time. My first instructor came back from the airlines to teach full time because he liked instructing. My other instructors were other engineers I knew who taught on the side for fun, without personal pay.

As an instructor, it is very rewarding to see someone become a safe, competent pilot.

Wait. How did Greg learn to fly. He must have been crapped out just knowing since I don't expect him to want to take instruction from someone who is compensating or just time building seeing he's too good and all.

He says, glancing approvingly into the mirror. Carly Simon has a song about you.

I had to laugh at that one!

The best instructor I have had, which was the one for my private, was a time-builder. He was also young, although I was younger. We also did not end up married or in any other kind of relationship other than friends, for those who are thinking those thoughts...

I had to laugh at that one!

The best instructor I have had, which was the one for my private, was a time-builder. He was also young, although I was younger. We also did not end up married or in any other kind of relationship other than friends, for those who are thinking those thoughts...

:yes: The CFI who did my commercial is a time-builder. Awesome guy, very good teacher and most importantly he was willing to learn also. I was his first student to bring an airplane to him to train in that wasn't the schools and I was his first commercial student. We're good friends now and although it will be a loss for the flight school when he leaves, I look forward to him accomplishing his flying goals.

Here is my "time building" instructor. Wally Olson, here in his Waco, at age about 85.

His instruction sent hundreds to the airlines.

Here is my "time building" instructor. Wally Olson, here in his Waco, at age about 85.

His instruction sent hundreds to the airlines.

That's the kind of instructor I would pay double for.

You can see lots of experience in that face.

Back