CFI and plane rental near Melbourne, FL

spdracer888

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
spdracer888
Would anyone recommend a nice flight school or independent CFI for plane rental near Melbourne, FL? I'm a Private Pilot and just wanted to fly down to ft launderdale area for lunch next week with a CFI as my safety pilot.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I fly at FIT Aviation (Florida Tech's Flight School). We have a few options of well maintained Piper Warriors and Archers. The archers are brand new from the factory and the warriors are mostly early 2000's, some of them have Aspen PFDs and the rest have Avidyne systems (archers are G1000). The only price difference are the archers.

You can come in or call and see what you'd have to do. I never had to check out since I'm an active student. It might be hard to find a CFI that isn't gonna try and teach you a full blown lesson though since we are a pretty high volume 141 school. The best guy to talk to if you call is Don Judy.

We are located on the field at MLB with easy short taxis to all the runways. We do have specific re entry points for getting back in and tower is usually pretty strict with us since we should know them, but other than that its a perfect central place to fly out of.

http://www.fitaviation.com/

PM me if you need any other info.

Thank you!

I fly at FIT Aviation (Florida Tech's Flight School). We have a few options of well maintained Piper Warriors and Archers. The archers are brand new from the factory and the warriors are mostly early 2000's, some of them have Aspen PFDs and the rest have Avidyne systems (archers are G1000). The only price difference are the archers.

You can come in or call and see what you'd have to do. I never had to check out since I'm an active student. It might be hard to find a CFI that isn't gonna try and teach you a full blown lesson though since we are a pretty high volume 141 school. The best guy to talk to if you call is Don Judy.

We are located on the field at MLB with easy short taxis to all the runways. We do have specific re entry points for getting back in and tower is usually pretty strict with us since we should know them, but other than that its a perfect central place to fly out of.

http://www.fitaviation.com/

PM me if you need any other info.

I did speak to Don Judy last week and but I can't rent the plane and bring one of their CFI with me as a safety pilot. He said he doesn't want to be a Chartered (Part 135) operation. I told him to treat it as a long cross country with a stop for food, but he didn't want to do it.

Back