Cessnas 2 Oshkosh 2012

Oh goody, a mass of spam cans coming to Oshkosh. What a thrill!

Oh goody, a mass of spam cans coming to Oshkosh. What a thrill!

Oshkosh is a thrill no matter what's arriving. Because its all arriving.

If you can't sit on the grass and watch the landings of anything that cares to land there, the magic of flight may be a bit dead for you.

Fly fishing or underwater basket weaving may be a better option. ;)

Deadline: June 7, 2012 12:00 Midnight CDT (UTC-5)

Dear Cessnas 2 Oshkosh Pilots and POA Friends,

We would like to remind every pilot considering registration for the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh Mass Arrival on July 21st, 2012 at 2:30 pm CDT (UTC-5) that the deadline to register and have a shirt for the PIC and each passenger 12 years and older to wear during the mass arrival flight waiting for you at Dodge County Airport in Juneau, WI is Thursday June 7th at Midnight CDT (UTC-5).

You may register to fly this year's mass arrival after the deadline, and if you meet the training requirement particpating in one of our formation flight training clinics, and are present at Dodge County Aiport in Juneau, WI on July 2st at 11:00 am CDT (UTC-5) to take part in the pre-flight briefing, you will fly the mass arrival with us. You just won't receive your shirt(s) on time to wear during the mass arrival flight. Your order will be put in back order status and your shirt(s) will be shipped to your mailing address at a later time.

To register to fly this year's Cessnas 2 Oshkosh Mass Arrival, visit our website at www.cessnas2oshkosh.com/registration.

We would also like to remind all of our currently registered pilots that the deadline to withdraw from participation in this year's mass arrival and receive a refund of the registration fee is also Thursday June 7th at Midnight CDT (UTC-5).

If you have to withdraw from this year's mass arrival, please send us a message to payments@cessnas2oshkosh.com. We will pass on to you any applicable administrative fee charged by PayPal®. Please allow four (4) to six (6) weeks to receive the refund.

We look forward to seeing everyone at Juneau on July 21st.

What a great time joining the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh group for Airventure 2012!! Couldn't ask for a better group of pilots to spend the week with at Oshkosh. Thanks for all of your hard work Gil, Craig and Rodney. Look forward to doing it again.

What a great time joining the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh group for Airventure 2012!! Couldn't ask for a better group of pilots to spend the week with at Oshkosh. Thanks for all of your hard work Gil, Craig and Rodney. Look forward to doing it again.
Mitchell,

It was certainly a pleasure for me and my partners in crime, Craig and Rodney. I'm positive they enjoy it just as much. You now have an idea of how much we enjoy putting this event together. Our reward is seeing newcomers like you enjoy the camaraderie of fellow pilots, relatives and friends.

We've already had a couple of debriefing meetings amongst ourselves and talked to EAA about improvements for next year. Our biggest project is going to be the cement pad and tent floor with its own electrical supply for Cessna Base Camp. We've already begun planning the fund-raising strategy to build it.

In a recent meeting wit the group arrival representatives Rod Hightower expressed his support of the project reiterating the statement he made in his visit to our camp on Sunday.

Stay tuned!

Sounds like C2O is going to be a great way to arrive at Oshkosh for a long time to come.

Good to see you there Gil. Will see what next year's plans bring...

Sorry that we couldn't make it this year. We had a different sort of arrival: Scarlet EveLynn Skye McMath - 8 lb, 15 oz.

I couldn't make the arrival but my brother lives in Beaver Dam so I sent him to the airport to video the mass departure. Everything looked like it went smoothly. I'll post the video when my brother sends me a copy.

I couldn't make the arrival but my brother lives in Beaver Dam so I sent him to the airport to video the mass departure. Everything looked like it went smoothly. I'll post the video when my brother sends me a copy.
Hey Jack,

Everything did go smoothly and as planned. Thanks for sending your brother to Dodge County and thanks to him for taking a video of our departure.

I'd be very interested in taking a look at that video. We do learn a lot about how procedures and the event in general went by examining video and audio clips. I must have looked and listened to a ton of them already. Each one teaches me something new.

From a video I received and examined this morning I was able to determine that from my touchdown as Cessna Lead to Rodney's touchdown as Cessna Trail, there were 6 minutes and 4 seconds. We could have shortened that time by closing the gap between the Skylanes and the Centurions. Something to work on for next year.

All in all, we had a fantastic year.

Sounds like C2O is going to be a great way to arrive at Oshkosh for a long time to come.

Good to see you there Gil. Will see what next year's plans bring...
Great to see you too Nate. I hope to see you in one of our clinics soon. :wink2:

Back