Cessna ttx gone?

My bad. I meant in the piston buis. Not sure they can keep their piston segment alive building only Barons.

Anybody notice how many HELICOPTERS Robinson sold? Wow! Those guys are close to Cirrus numbers.

Last edited:
Meh, bit doom and gloomy. I take Occam's Razor: Composite production is simply a PITA for a one off, they already had enough headaches with their original mexican production experience, and sales are low otherwise compared to the plastic competitor. Making metal parts is more scalable for Cessna. That's it, no conspiracy to exit the piston market a la 1990s like the article fear mongers.

There should be real concern that the next recession is going to TKO piston manufacturers. Maybe we'll be touting Cirrus as a success because it's the only one to survive?
Cirrus is not a piston-only manufacturer anymore, thanks to the Chinese. Depending on when the next downturn strikes, they might just be able to survive selling tiny jets.

Cirrus is not a piston-only manufacturer anymore, thanks to the Chinese. Depending on when the next downturn strikes, they might just be able to survive selling tiny jets.

You seriously think $2 million a pop personal jets will be a hot seller in the next business downturn?
I suppose we will see. :cool:

Back