Cessna to offer Diesel Skyhawk

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
http://www.avweb.com/news/aopa/AOPAExpo2007_Cessna_172SSkyhawk_DieselEngine_196294-1.html

I fear there will be a lot of refueling accidents (100LL put in instead of Jet-A) unless they do something mechanical to make 100LL nozzles not fit the filler neck of Jet-A... too many line guys just "know" a 172 takes 100LL.

If I owned one of these, nobody would be fueling my plane without me standing there watching... that said, I think this diesel movement is good, given the state of 100LL production and its dependence on an ingredient that is only available from one factory in the UK.

Sounds like a good time to buy stock in the locking fuel cap business. I don't unlock the fuel caps until the Jet-A truck shows up.

putting diesel on the -10 chris?

im pretty sure that after the bob hoover fuel contamination accident there was an industry wide push and the fuel cap shape and nozzle shape for Jet-A was changed so that one doesnt fit in the other.

putting diesel on the -10 chris?

im pretty sure that after the bob hoover fuel contamination accident there was an industry wide push and the fuel cap shape and nozzle shape for Jet-A was changed so that one doesnt fit in the other.

You can no longer fit a Jet-A "duckbill" nozzle into a 100LL tank.

You most certainly CAN fit a 100LL nozzle into a Jet-A tank. :hairraise:

Back