Cessna T50 Bomber

Does anyone know anything about owning/operating a bamboo bomber? I'm not *seriously* considering buying, but it's the closest I've come to *seriously* thinking about buying since I bought my plane...
https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...model=T-50&listing_id=2400493&s-type=aircraft

Our museum has one, I am not sure what the plans are for it as it isn’t part of the regular flying collection. If you do get serious about it, I can get more details on operating it.

Here’s what I do know: smaller than a Beech 18. Has Jacobs engines, so still well supported for overhauls and the like.

Fixed pitch props, so feathering is not an option of you lose/have to shut one down in flight.

Fabric covered. Wood frame/wings.

Seats 5. Two up front and 3 across on the back bench.

It looks super cool in my opinion.

Honestly, I’d love to have one, but not at the cost of giving up the Twin Beech.

Fixed pitch props, so feathering is not an option of you lose/have to shut one down in flight.
The images of the cockpit show a prop lever, and the images of the hubs look to be variable pitch. That being said I see on Wiki that the vast majority were equipped with fixed pitch props.

Does anyone know anything about owning/operating a bamboo bomber? I'm not *seriously* considering buying, but it's the closest I've come to *seriously* thinking about buying since I bought my plane...
https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...model=T-50&listing_id=2400493&s-type=aircraft
I don't know anything about them either, but I bought my Lance from Mr. Clark, so I get an email from them once a month with all the new stuff they've got to sell. Like you that one caught my eye. I'm certainly not in the market for a warbird, but boy it's fun to look.

The images of the cockpit show a prop lever, and the images of the hubs look to be variable pitch. That being said I see on Wiki that the vast majority were equipped with fixed pitch props.

It’s possible that some have constant speed props. Our museum bird is fixed pitch

From the ad. I am guessing several of the fixed pitch ones were modified to constant speed after the military sold them.

Propeller(s):
RH: Hamilton Constant Speed 200 Hours SPOH by Maxwell Aircraft Service
LH: Hamilton Constant Speed 200 Hours SPOH by Maxwell Aircraft Service

Back