Cessna shoulder harness clips

Topper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Topper
I have a 79 182Q that has shoulder harnesses. The harness attaches to the lap band. There is nothing to retain the clip and it often comes off. I think the passenger side used to have something that helped retain the harness, but is is now also gone.

What is the part and where do I get it.

Thanks,

Jim

I have a 79 182Q that has shoulder harnesses. The harness attaches to the lap band. There is nothing to retain the clip and it often comes off. I think the passenger side used to have something that helped retain the harness, but is is now also gone.

Thanks,

Jim

Cessna dealer. It's a small nylon grommet. It's also a pain to get on. You either soak it in hot water (Cessna's idea, that doesn't work too well) or you pop it into your mouth and chew on it for a bit to limber and warm it up (my idea) and force it over the peg, flanged side down.

Can't remember the part number. The parts guy at a dealer can rattle it off if he's been there very long.

Dan

Thanks,

Jim

Find some of the smallest plastic zipties you can get hold of, put one under the post and trim it as close as possible. If one tie doesn't do it, put a second one on. Works great!

Don't ask me how I know:nono:

Back