Cessna prognostications

Steve

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly Right
At an airshow I attended this weekend an informed source (who wishes to remain anonymous) mentioned to me that Cessna plans to get rid of the struts (ala 177/210) in 2008 with a new series of composite/aluminum airframes with a diesel option. Should prove to be interesting if it comes to pass. This is in addition to their upcoming announcement at Airventure '06 regarding their entry into the LSA arena.

Somehow I doubt any major maker is going to be making radical changes. They haven't done any major changes for decades because of the cost of the required weight in paper. I don't think any of them are making so much money, especially in the single piston engine lines, that they have that much to invest in the paper. They're on a shoestring.

Last edited:
mikea said:
Somehow I doubt any major maker is going to be making radical changes. They haven't done any major changes for decades becuase of the cost of the required weight in paper. I don't think any of them are making so much money, especially in the small engine piston lines, that they have that much to invest in the paper. They're on a shoestring.

It's hard to say. If they do not change they will not make any money. Without change you will someday fail. Money must be spent to make money. Who knows what their plan is.

Back