Cessna Mustang vs. TBM 850

Wait...a G1000 is not capable enough for the mustang?? It works great to me. I

Well, I would have expected some niceties like programming custom holding patterns, radar overlay on PFD, Performance calculations such as providing V speeds, take-off and landing distances based upon temp, altitude, VNAV on the way up not just on the way down, etc. Sure, the G1000 is adequate but like I say, I would have expected more in a jet.

A second TBM suspected of icing up crashed in France killing 6 people just 2 days ago. RIP. There was one less than a year ago in New Jersey that broke up. Now, if I was a media person I'd make all kinds of statements based on this, but the reality is it was just probably bad luck in conjunction with severe weather. Still, something to consider.

http://www.english.rfi.fr/france/20131119-6-died-plane-crash-france-usa

Keep in mind that no other airplane crashed that day the TBM crashed. It also has very high wing loading and boots, which aren't terribly efficient at getting ice off. Bad combination.

I'd say there's a bit of both going on there - airplane design plus pilot error/bad luck.

Your Bonanza is awesome and there are a lot of cool places you can go:yes: that I cannot.

There's a lot to that. I flew down to Belize last year in the 310 - a 1900x25 runway. Took the 310 and it was doable. Even though it was 20 hours of flying in 2 days, the 310 was the right plane for the job. Had I been able to fly a jet, I would have been stuck at Belize City and not have been able to get to Placencia.

Every plane has its purpose.

Your Bonanza is awesome and there are a lot of cool places you can go:yes: that I cannot.

I am blessed to be able to fly such a marvelous beast, and thankful for that. Best part, of course, is the great people I have gotten to meet, because of flying.

Back