Len Lanetti

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Lenny
LATEST NEWS
April 14, 2005
Cessna to have a permanent presence in Lakeland

http://www.bizjournals.com/search/bin/search?t=tampabay&am=tampabay&q=""&f=byline&am=120_days&r=20[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]The Cessna Foundation is planning a permanent facility on the Sun 'n Fun campus adjacent to the Florida Air Museum.

Sun 'n Fun is a not-for-profit organization based in Lakeland, known for its annual Fly-In held each April.

The Fly-In is the primary source of funding for Sun 'n Fun's year-round aviation education programs.

Throughout the year, Sun 'n Fun will use the 2,400-square-foot building for educational programs and activities. During the Sun 'n Fun Fly-In, the facility will be Cessna Aircraft Co.'s base of operations and the focal point of their sales and marketing efforts.

The building will give Cessna a permanent presence in Lakeland, Jack Pelton, president and CEO of Cessna, said in a media release.

The Cessna Foundation Inc. is a not-for-profit organizations committed to the future of the general aviation industry and to enhancing the communities where Cessna Aircraft employees work and reside. The Cessna Foundation was founded in 1952, and is a self-governed entity. Since its founding, the Cessna Foundation has donated on behalf of the Cessna Aircraft over $25 million to not-for-profit agencies in the areas of education, health and human services, arts, and culture.

[/font]

© 2005 American City Business Journals Inc.

LATEST NEWS
Wichita Business Journal - 10:24 AM CDT Thursday
Cessna marks Caravan milestone

http://www.bizjournals.com/search/bin/search?t=wichita&am=wichita&q=""&f=byline&am=120_days&r=20[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Cessna Aircraft Co. has delivered its 1,500th Caravan aircraft, company officials said Thursday morning.

The keys to the aircraft were presented to customer Radoslav Miskiewicz of GEMI Ltd. GEMI Ltd., a trading company in the ferro-alloys industry, is based in Poland. The aircraft will be used for private and business travel, says John Doman, Cessna's vice president of Worldwide Propeller Aircraft, who made the delivery.

Doman says the 1,500-delivery mark is a milestone in the aircraft manufacturing industry.

The 1,500th unit was finished in an "Oasis" interior, which was introduced in 2003. Since then, more than 30 Oasis Caravans have been sold.

List prices for the Caravan range from $1.4 million to $1.8 million, according to the company's Web site. Options and finish can affect the final price.

The single-engine Caravan sells well in third-world countries because of its ability to land and take off on short, unpaved runways.

Based in Wichita, Cessna Aircraft is the city's second largest employer with a workforce of about 8,000.

[/font]

Cessna Mustang Model First Flight

LATEST NEWS
Wichita Business Journal - 12:00 PM CDT Monday
Cessna's Mustang model has its first flight

[font=Times New Roman,Times,Serif]The entry-level Cessna Citation Mustang business jet has completed its first flight.

The twin-engine jet left from McConnell Air Force Base at 10:26 a.m. and landed at 12:47 p.m. at Wichita Mid-Continent Airport on Saturday.

Jack J. Pelton, Cessna's Chairman, President and CEO, says the plane opens the base of the business jet market more than before and will "fill a void in the turbine aircraft market."

Officials say the plane, which can be flown by a single pilot, is progressing on schedule.

The aircraft is currently being assembled at the company's Wichita facility. When it enters production, however, it will be the first Citation that will be built at the company's Independence, Kan., plant, which is southwest of Wichita.

Company officials will begin moving Mustang tooling at the Independence plant this summer, and move full production there in the fourth quarter of 2005.

Cessna Aircraft Co. is a unit of Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT).

For more, go to www.cessna.com.

[/font]

Lenny,

Thanks for the update. I have a friend who is purchasing an Eclipse. He tells me that it is almost 1/2 the price of the mustang. How would you compare the two?

Kevin

N53KL said:
Thanks for the update. I have a friend who is purchasing an Eclipse. He tells me that it is almost 1/2 the price of the mustang. How would you compare the two?

Ahhh...that would make one too expensive and the other one two times too expensive for me to even think about.

:<)

I actually don't know much about either plane as they are really out of my league from expense and experience standpoints.

The one thing I did read that made sense is that Cessna has been manufacturing small jets for awhile so they know what it takes to actually build something that would fly from a biz sense as well as an engineering sense.

It is a shame the single engine Peregrine never took off.

Len

Back