Cessna G1000 Standby Battery Minder

GaryRudolph

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
Anyone installed a battery minder for their G1000 standby battery on a Cessna, specifically T206H? I'm in the process of installing a battery minder for the main battery, and thought it would make sense to install one for the standby as well as I don't want to have the essential bus energized to keep it charged. I'm guessing the best place to attach a battery minder is the battery side of the standby battery panel breaker.

Thanks, I’ve read that, but I’m not looking to do a once in a while charge. I’d like to maintain the battery between flights with a battery minder without having to pull breakers each flight.

What kind of a standby battery is used on the 206? I've only flown the G1000 in a DA40, and in that installation, it's essentially just a big mess of AAs behind the panel, so not something you can really plug a battery minder into as I don't believe they make such a thing (not to mention getting it to work with the individual cells might be interesting).

Just for followup I was able to install the Battery Minder Airframe Interface Kit that can be installed with an A&P log entry. The easiest place to connect is the back of the Standby switch that is connected directly to the battery. You can see the black and red wire where we doubled up on the switch. The red wire has a fuse from the kit.

IMG_1664.jpg

We then zip tied the connector below.

IMG_1677.jpg

As for the charger, I spoke to Battery Minder and they said the standard 24V charger (244CEC1) was the one to use.

Back