Cessna Fuel Gauges

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
What are my options for more accurate fuel gauges? I have long range tanks so with 20 of 84 gallons left, still 1.5 hours of flight my gauges show 1/8 fuel which makes me feel far too uncomfortable to continue flight. Even if I KNOW how much fuel I have, when the gauges get low like that it's just too uncomfortable to have fun so I land and get gas. I'm not looking for a totalizer, but just more accurate gauges.

Not sure what's out there.

Does that work with my existing gauges? It's just a better fuel sender?

Curious how do they do better then current gauges? I have a 182 with the LR tanks and have the same issues get into some turbulence and the fuel gauges are bottoming out! I do a lot of dip sticking and measuring. I always error on having too much fuel but don’t like the pucker factor of looking at those gauges
They just work better. and they are calibratable.
I've installed them in 2 antique aircraft and they work great.

They just work better. and they are calibratable.
I've installed them in 2 antique aircraft and they work great.
Going to look into that thanks. Just got to convince the other 4 guys in the club that it’s a good idea! They mostly to little loops or 50nm hamburger runs. I travel with it a bit more and load up fam.

https://ciescorp.net/applications/small-aircraft/cessna/
it says 180, not sure if that means 180H is included or not. mine just got installed
Forgot to mention, the indicator that this connects with is aerospace logic FL202D or others like aJpi 900, this will replace your stock fuel gauge but needs this sensor

Last edited:
Get an FS-450. Much more useful than standard fuel qty gauges.

Back