CESSNA DOWN, I 66 EAST OF I 81

geezer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Kruse'n
Apparent successful landing on the highway, parked in a crossover through the median.

High berm, so did not see it until right there, so did not get an N number, but no indication of damage. Neatly centered in the crossover, and half way through, so definitely under control, or walked in with assistance.

Another SUCCESSFUL off airport landing to celebrate.

Gee, I wish that I could edit those caps out of the title.

Last edited:
Just SE of Winchester Virginia, in the Shenandoah valley. Not a lot of good places to land.

Don't news sources understand the value of telling the N number? How are we supposed to jump to conclusions about the maintenance and preflight habits if we don't know who owns the plane?

Apparent successful landing on the highway, parked in a crossover through the median.

High berm, so did not see it until right there, so did not get an N number, but no indication of damage. Neatly centered in the crossover, and half way through, so definitely under control, or walked in with assistance.

Another SUCCESSFUL off airport landing to celebrate.

Gee, I wish that I could edit those caps out of the title.

You can. On the post you added to create the thread, in the upper right part, there will be a "Thread Tools" menu. Drop that down and you can edit the topic.

Addendum: This only appears on the initial post of a thread you created.

If you ever plan to fly in the east,
To an airport or a highway at least,
Get your kicks, on Route 66.

Apologies to Bobby Troup.

Always good for a successful emergency landing.

Back