Cessna Crash Video from Cockpit..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said anything close to that....never. I was speaking in generalities countering a post implying that tragedies prove God doesn't exist.

I never implied he didn’t exist. I just don’t give him credit for saving these people, I also don’t blame him for not saving the Bramlage family.
History has shown that people who think God is on their side are very dangerous.
I have no problem with God, people on the other hand...

^that's kind of where I fall as well. If free will is bestowed on us then we are solely responsible for our actions and the consequences that follow it

At most I'm grateful to have a short amount of time on this Earth despite the insane odds that were stacked against that possibility

But beyond that..? Just be a good person. Good and bad things happen.. that's life

I, personally, found the belief and inspirational thoughts shared by the female speaker during the last few minutes of the video uplifting, reassuring, and beautiful. To those that didn't....fine. But why denigrate those who do?

Last time I spoke out against ridicule of Christianity on this forum, I got banned. Hopefully, this, at least, is acceptable?

Are you having trouble understanding the difference between ridicule of the pilot's display of hazardous attitudes and ridicule of Christianity, or are you trying to start a fight via a strawman argument?

I, personally, found the belief and inspirational thoughts shared by the female speaker during the last few minutes of the video uplifting, reassuring, and beautiful. To those that didn't....fine. But why denigrate those who do?

Last time I spoke out against ridicule of Christianity on this forum, I got banned. Hopefully, this, at least, is acceptable?

Not debating the theology but I suspect Utah and large amounts of family and church support and you can narrow down the particular church type... :)

Apparently none of you have considered the pilot's practiced emergency landings weren't done with six people in the aircraft and the effect on stall speed. Additionally, some posters didn't bother to check out the facts or they would have known the 'beach' was rocky, rutted with vehicle tracks, and occupied by people.

Criticizing Mormons for their faith is pretty disgusting.

I wonder how long this thread would stay open if the criticism were directed at the illogic of atheism?

I'm struck by what fraction of the accidents happen with every (or nearly every) seat filled. Six people in a C210T! We are waiting here in the Twin Cities for details and recovery of a 172I that disappeared into a very deep lake with three people on board (OK it wasn't dead full).

Our 172M flew with all seats full for maybe 1% of the its flights - and I tried to be as careful a possible.

What are the chances? The audience factor at work.

Apparently none of you have considered the pilot's practiced emergency landings weren't done with six people in the aircraft and the effect on stall speed. Additionally, some posters didn't bother to check out the facts or they would have known the 'beach' was rocky, rutted with vehicle tracks, and occupied by people.

I think leaving that gear out there was a huge problem. I question being that low tooling along with 5 other people in the airplane, I don't think that is good ADM, do that crap by yourself. Empty weight or full gross, if you start hearing that stall horn in a situation like that, you need to fix it unless you are 5 feet above the surface, that's the problems I have. But at the end of the day, he did enough to not kill anyone, thank God for that.

Some may find that term along with LDS offensive. Church of Jesus Christ and the Later Day Saints is the acceptable by all term.

It’s easy to armchair quarterback and he definitely made some questionable decisions, but it could’ve been worse. It does seem like that beach would’ve been hard to pass up though and would have probably led to a better set-up for landing. It’s tough to tell from a GoPro though.

No excuses. Aviation is unforgiving. Passengers trust us with their lives... the grim reaper doesn’t care whether you practiced with light loads. His fundamental reaction was not correct, and people got hurt. He was flying low over rough terrain in a single, and people got hurt. Good that it wasn’t worse as it easily could have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some may find that term along with LDS offensive. Church of Jesus Christ and the Later Day Saints is the acceptable by all term.
Some may find this offensive but that didn’t seem to be your concern then.
God crashed a group of 6 people in the Utah mountains... God should have given the pilot the wisdom to practice his emergency procedures.

This my favorite thread of the year. I can council someone about how their post triggered other member's view of theology.

Without belaboring it, of course.

Some may find this offensive but that didn’t seem to be your concern then.

Perhaps, then again I’m never concerned with offending people on POA. For the most part it’s a fairly thick skinned group of aviation experts!

Perhaps, then again I’m never concerned with offending people on POA. For the most part it’s a fairly thick skinned group of aviation experts!
Which makes your post about using non-offensive terms for LDS strange. To me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back