Cessna 310 true cost of ownership

Careful, she will far exceed your bladder range. After my last 4.5 hour flight, I can certainly attest to it. I bring camping bags with me now that absorb the liquid if you had to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2.5 hour seat limit or a 2.5 hour bladder. Whichever comes first. Lol.

I had a strong headwind one time flying over to the Bahamas and at the three hour mark it was painful.

Careful, she will far exceed your bladder range. After my last 4.5 hour flight, I can certainly attest to it. I bring camping bags with me now that absorb the liquid if you had to use it.
This is good advice. @k9medic: What fuel tank system will yours have? I have 163 gallons but rarely fill more than 100, even though I can go full fuel and still haul more people and stuff than I'm normally asked to. On my longest trip to date (4500 nm, 27 hrs over the course of 4 days round trip) I only used fuel from the aux tanks twice. The longest leg on that trip was 630 miles plus some wiggling around weather. I basically fly just a little bit longer per leg than I did with slower planes and get to my next stop a little quicker.

I like those travel john bags that can double as vomit bags. I can't say I've used them for either purpose as yet, but the design and two-birds-with-one-stone concept seem sound. One challenge is keeping all the stuff you bring within arm's reach. It's a long way to the back of the cabin.

This has 163 gallons as well. For my flight profile I plan on 30 gph. First leg is 325nm and the second leg is 170nm. Planning at 180kts gives me 2.75 hours or about 82 gallons of fuel till I can refuel if needed. My plan is to fly with about 120 gallons normally. This will give me some wiggle room on weight and I will have the ability to tap into the extra fuel since more than likely I won't actually be burning 30 gph.

I have to get some avionics upgrades done and will need to do a new weight and balance. The current W&B was from 1996 and is a bit portly at 3725lbs. I'm going to get VG's installed too which will give me another 75lbs.

there's a local guy with a 310....it's just been sitting there on the ramp, hasn't flown in over a year. tried to express my interest in helping him keep the thing flying but sometimes people have other plans. in this case, the plan apparently is to let the plane rot on the ramp.

there's a local guy with a 310....it's just been sitting there on the ramp, hasn't flown in over a year. tried to express my interest in helping him keep the thing flying but sometimes people have other plans. in this case, the plan apparently is to let the plane rot on the ramp.

Maybe he's seen you fly? :eek::D

I bet you’re excited!

Honestly, not really... I fly GA for a specific purpose. Getting into a twin only makes me realize that I no longer fly for fun. It costs too much. If I was smart I would continue to borrow my friends C310 - it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Even when I had my Cherokee 6 I wouldn't take it up unless I was going somewhere. I will be happy to have it here and to be able to get it set the way I want to though.

Honestly, not really... I fly GA for a specific purpose. Getting into a twin only makes me realize that I no longer fly for fun. It costs too much. If I was smart I would continue to borrow my friends C310 - it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Even when I had my Cherokee 6 I wouldn't take it up unless I was going somewhere. I will be happy to have it here and to be able to get it set the way I want to though.
That level of practicality will make you sell the thing soon. :)

I can’t logically justify mine at all but it sure is fun. Of course I still use it for touch and go’s, cow spotting and cloud surfing at times.

However you use it, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it! I saw you’re over at TTCF…those guys have a wealth of info.

Lol. Until they build a bridge to the Bahamas I will always need an airplane. I’m over to my house there every three weeks or so.

We actually bought our Cherokee six before we bought our house in the Bahamas. That was the only way I could justify to the wife that we needed an airplane.

I fly for a living so it has sucked a little bit of the enjoyment out of flying for fun.

Just a bit of an update...

Closed on the 310Q Friday the 27th and picked it up on the 28th and flew it home with no issues. Had to climb to 12,500 to get over some crud and it did great.

Got called on the 29th and deployed to support hurricane operations on the 30th... Playing with the plane is going to have to wait a bit.

Haven't had a change to upload any photos yet (or show the wife.)

Congrats! Join TTCF if you haven’t already and welcome to the 310 club. Looking forward to the pics.

I returned home from my deployment last night and now the spending begins...

1. My Garmin 430W arrived (don't argue with me about it, it's what I wanted.)
  2. The Appereo Stratus arrived at the mechanic shop Friday too.
  3. I ordered a FS-450M fuel flow meter today.
  4. VG's will be ordered on Tuesday
After talking with the mechanic doing the install, I have spent most of the morning identifying wires to aid in the wiring of all of the goodies. Sometime next week the mechanic will start pulling out the old stuff and will install the "new."

Buying avionics before uploading pics to POA is prohibited.

565b3bbbafcb36698d26c577ee601749.jpg

Man, 310’s are sexy looking planes to me. Congratulations.

Back