Cessna 185D Loss of Control at Takeoff

What's worse than loosing control and pranging your aircraft? Loosing control, pranging your aircraft, and having someone film it and put it up on Youtube!

Looks like the left engine failed, then the pilot overcorrected. :p

Last edited:
Just too little right rudder on throttle application, then too much correction. Probably caused by too little coffee.

Want to guess what the repair costs will be ?

That has to hurt, not just the airplane but the ego also.

What’s woorse than all that? Not knowing the difference between loose and lose!! :D:p Waaaay woorse!

I thought that after twenty five years of internet use, people would learn the difference between the two words, but it appears my hopes are in vain.

I thought that after twenty five years of internet use, people would learn the difference between the two words, but it appears my hopes are in vain.

You appear to be loosing your patience with those grammatically challenged individuals...

What's worse than loosing control and pranging your aircraft? Loosing control, pranging your aircraft, and having someone film it and put it up on Youtube!

I don't know about that. I can't think of of a better time to wad a plane up. 100' after releasing the brakes to take off? Any other time you're going much faster and it will hurt that much more.

His application of right rudder was too loose, causing a loose alignment with the centerline, correcting the loose right rudder application resulted in a right turn that let loose havoc on the airframe.

Just when you think you have beat the battle with the dreaded ground loop gremlin, she heads for the other ditch...

Its a good reminder for us TW guys were only one wrong or delayed input away from meeting that gremlin, no one is above it...

Back