Cessna 182-S 'eyeball vents'

robin ardoin

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Robard
My passenger side wing root 'eyeball vent' is broken and will likely need replacement (possibly repaired???). The butterfly is cocked as if the shaft broke or is displaced. I have not ben able to get a part number. Anyone know where I might find the part number or how to remove it?

Thanks @Bell206. Looks like Air Power does not have one in stock. BAS is a no go also. Hopefully it can be removed and repaired.

Hopefully it can be removed and repaired.
If its the type with a short rod inside maybe but probably not. Try Yingling and Ebay. Or used... Faeth Aircraft is a good place or any other bone yard. Dallas Air Salvage and Atlanta Air are also good.

Looks like Air Power does not have one in stock. BAS is a no go also. Hopefully it can be removed and repaired.
Are you sure? AV4033-1 is listed as the FSO (for spares order) for the previous variants of the Wemac eyeball vent (this one is a "poppet" style vent, but is a direct replacement. Textron suggests replacing all of them for commonality, but there is no requirement to do so). AirPower and Textron both show those in stock. To remove they unscrew, this tool makes it a bit easier to grip to unscrew: https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/airventremoval.php but can definitely be done without it.

Last edited:
Back