For Sale: Aircraft Cessna 172's

ShaneUren

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Shane Uren
Hi All.

I am in South Africa and looking for a person or company to assist me in purchasing, stripping and shipping a couple Cessna aircraft's.

Thank you.

Shane Uren
shane@echoskies.com

Probably but Alaska, Florida, other?
Origination is likely going to be where ever a the right aircraft for his needs is found.

Unless he is establishing an operational base to have the plane flown too that handles the dismantling, packaging, documentation and shipping.

Hi Aggie Mike.

I guess I should have been more specific. If I can find a comonay or person who does such work, the aircrafts can be flown to a set location where the dismantling, packing and shipped to South Afirca can be done.
I have tried to google such companies and those I find don’t respond. In my google efforts I did come across this platform. Very similar to our local pilot forum in South Africa called Avcom.

So in short I am looking for recommendations or guidance in this matter.

Thank you all.
Shane

Heritage Aero in Freeport Ill often does shipping of aircraft overseas including S. Africa. Purchase and delivery to Heritage would have to be a different segment.

Hi Aggie Mike.

I guess I should have been more specific. If I can find a comonay or person who does such work, the aircrafts can be flown to a set location where the dismantling, packing and shipped to South Afirca can be done.
I have tried to google such companies and those I find don’t respond. In my google efforts I did come across this platform. Very similar to our local pilot forum in South Africa called Avcom.

So in short I am looking for recommendations or guidance in this matter.

Thank you all.
Shane
Another question to consider is "how airworthy do the aircraft being purchased need to be?"

Are you wanting all of them to be "ready to reassemble and ready to fly immediately"? Or would purchasing something that needs mechanic attention, love, and money work for your needs?

For former, these aircraft would be at a bit of a premium price at the moment. The demand for training aircraft is strong and growing, so the purchase prices for airworthy aircraft with recent generation avionics and mid-time or less engines are holding if not rising.

For the latter, some digging can find aircraft that need a replacement engine, significant upgrade of electronics, or pricey repairs to fuselage. These might not be airworthy to fly to your central shipping point. But the purchase price would be significantly less than full airworthy aircraft. And you would be talking to sellers that might be a bit more motivated since a fair offer from you would help them dispose of a financial black hole.

BTW; I unfortunately cannot be a direct participant in this endeavor at this time. However, count me as a very interested bystander who would like to know how this plays out. In my mind, it never hurts to add more folks to my aviations business contact network.... including those overseas. Visiting South Africa is a bucket list item, and seeing general aviation things from your perspective would enhance the trip.

There is a certain Florida based yacht captain and aviator who, if he was still a participant on PoA, would be allllll over this thread and opportunity. Can't say how well it would work out, but something like sure feels like it would make him feel all tingly inside.

I have a IA here at my airport that does this all the time. He ships lots of planes to China

Hi.

Could you possibly give me some Contact deatsils. Will be much appreciated.

We looking for 172s preferably timex or very close to it. However in flying condition.

Thanks again.
Shane

Back