Cessna 172S POH Online

TVProducer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TVProducer
I'm looking to purchase a hard copy of a Cessna 172S POH - Does anyone have a go-to source for this?

I'm looking to purchase a hard copy of a Cessna 172S POH - Does anyone have a go-to source for this?
Perhaps your flight school??

One of the schools I went to, they provided a copy of the POH as part of your enrollment "welcome" kit. And had extras for sale if anyone needed it.

The 172 R and S models have approved serial-number specific AFMs, and the only legal copies are purchased from Cessna for many dollars.

Many many PDF versions available online. No need to spend a bunch of money on a hard copy.

I downloaded the PDF to my work computer, home computer, iPad, iPhone whatever. Never needed the hard copy.
I only printed the relevant pages that we used for xc planning (take off, fuel, distance to climb charts, etc).
I would not spend money on it. But that's me.

I trained in a C172S, downloaded a POH of the internet. Printed the performance section out, that's what you really need. Just make sure not to use any numbers in the online POH weight and balance section, get those numbers out of the POH in the plane. I had two planes available during training, so I just grabbed the POH out of each and photographed the W&B so I could do W&B calculations at home before each flight. Just make sure you check the W&B every once in a while to make sure equipment hasn't been added or pulled off the plane changing its empty CG.

I trained in a C172S, downloaded a POH of the internet. Printed the performance section out, that's what you really need. Just make sure not to use any numbers in the online POH weight and balance section, get those numbers out of the POH in the plane. I had two planes available during training, so I just grabbed the POH out of each and photographed the W&B so I could do W&B calculations at home before each flight. Just make sure you check the W&B every once in a while to make sure equipment hasn't been added or pulled off the plane changing its empty CG.

This^^^ is what I do, too.

I prefer to have hard-copies of the book.

Back