Cessna 172 L vspeeds and performance

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Does anyone have a reference for 172 L speeds? I'm trying to fill out a form and I don't have a manual handy

I need Va, Vx, Vy.

65% power at 7500, standard day, what's the RPM, TAS, and fuel flow?

Is there a takeoff performance chart? I'd be looking for 5000 feet, standard pressure, 100F, distance over 50 feet obstacle.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have a reference for 172 L speeds? I'm trying to fill out a form and I don't have a manual handy

I need Va, Vx, Vy.

Is there a takeoff performance chart? I'd be looking for 5000 feet, standard pressure, 100F, distance over 50 feet obstacle.

Thanks in advance!

The CAP Wing website should have all that data for that N number airplane in a CAP approved a/c checklist.

Both Harley and I have 172L's. If you don't have what you need by the time I get home tonight, (~~7:30 PM EST). I'll look in my flight bag and get out the POH. Harley might have ready access during the day, being retired and all.

Don't sweat it, Keith. I'll be able to get a manual by 7:00 PM EST. If you find it before then, thanks!

It's AMAZING how different the numbers are for the same airplane - I found 5 sources and they all have somewhat different numbers.

I need Va, Vx, Vy.

Thanks in advance!
From the 1972 Owner's manual 150 HP O-320-E2D

Max performance take-off 0° Flaps 68 MPH climb speed (didn't see Vx explicitly mentioned)

Maximum rate of climb is 82MPH @ sea level to 79MPH @10,000'

VA 122 MPH

65% 7,500' 121 mph 7.1 gph

Distance over 50' obstacle 5000' 41°F MGW no headwind 2480' + 10% for each 25°F over standard. I'll let you calculate it.

Joe

It's AMAZING how different the numbers are for the same airplane - I found 5 sources and they all have somewhat different numbers.
I've seen the numbers work differently on the same model on two different planes. The 172M I flew in Conroe would make a smooth, stable approach all day long at a nice 70MPH. I flew the same model with a school as part of an interview. That one wanted to drop out of the sky below 80MPH. One of them wasn't set up right. But, I can tell you the first one flew by the numbers in the book and slower.

Back